• At 10:05 p.m., a 44-year-old man was arrested at the intersection of West Main Street and Alta Street and booked into Wayne Brown Correctional Facility on a county warrant.
• At 12:25 a.m., a 21-year-old man was arrested at a business on Neal Street and booked into the Nevada County jail for being drunk in public.
• At 1:45 a.m., a 22-year-old man was arrested on the 300 block of Mill Street for driving under influence.
• At 4:47 a.m., a 19-year-old man was arrested on the 100 block of Eureka Street and booked for possession of controlled substance, possession of drug paraphernalia, prowling, committing a felony while out on bail, burglary, possession of stolen goods and conspiring to commit a crime. Another accompanying 18-year-old was arrested and booked for conspiring to commit a crime, possessing stolen items and prowling.
• At 8:13 a.m., a caller from the 300 block of Bennett Street reported that his ex-girlfriend was attempting to kick in the door. The caller had shut himself in the back bedroom with his child. The 21-year-old woman was arrested and booked for burglary and spousal abuse.
• At 10:13 p.m., a caller from a business on East Main Street said one of his customers was not leaving his bar. The customer was saying the bartender did not give the customer back his credit card, which the bartender said he didn’t possess. The police made contact with the 25-year-old customer and booked him into the Nevada County jail for resisting arrest and being drunk in public.
• At 10:59 p.m., a 51-year-old woman was arrested behind a business on West McKnight Way for possessing marijuana and drug paraphernalia.
• At 11:13 p.m., a 26-year-old man was arrested at the intersection of West Main Street and Idaho-Maryland Road for possessing false government documents and booked into the Nevada County jail. Contact was made with Immigration Customs Enforcement, which is sending a detainer.
• At 12:49 a.m., a caller from the 200 block of South Church Street said someone was trying to get in the door. Contact was made with a 34-year-old man who was arrested and booked into Nevada County jail for being drunk in public.
• At 12:58 a.m., a 33-year-old woman was arrested at the intersection of southbound Highway 49 and Highway 20 and booked on probation pickup. She was cited and released for driving with a suspended license and being under the influence of narcotics.
Nevada County Sheriff’s Office
• At 9:34 p.m., a juvenile was arrested on the 10000 block of Pleasant Valley Road and booked into juvenile hall for being drunk in public and for possessing marijuana.
• At 3:25 a.m., a caller from the 400 block of Railroad Avenue said a man in a white bathing suit had broken a window and was now running around outside with other subjects. Case was taken down for vandalism, but the suspects could not be located.
• At 2:26 p.m., a caller from the 13000 block of Borrelli Road complained about a 13-year-old male who hit his 7-year-old sister. The caller said she had dropped the male juvenile off in Nevada City and told him to walk home. When the caller was advised about child endangerment, she hung up on the dispatcher.
• At 5:41 p.m., a caller from the 11000 block of Karen Court reported that the back door of one of his rented units was wide open. The tenants of the unit were away for the day, and the landlord was unsure if they had left the door open. The landlord requested assistance to check the residence.
• At 9:23 p.m., a caller from the 300 block of Adams Street reported unknown juveniles were leaving vulgar messages on his answering machine.
– Soumitro Sen
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User