• At 5:05 p.m., a caller from Church and Main streets reported a person fell in the roadway. Police made contact. The person was disabled but did not need medical attention. The officer provided the person with a ride home.
• At 7:34 p.m., a man called from the 100 block of Race Street to report his house was egged.
• At 9:57 p.m., police arrested a 32-year-old man at a gas station on East Main Street for drunken driving.
• At 11:39 p.m., a caller from a grocery store on Sutton Way reported a man came into the store drinking a beer and was outside talking with friends. No police units were available.
• At 12:35 a.m., a caller from a grocery store on Sutton Way reported a very large group of juveniles in the parking lot. Police made contact with approximately 40 juveniles, who left in approximately 20 cars.
• At 2:25 a.m., a caller from the 400 block of Marshall Street reported two men trying to break into a vehicle. Police checked the area extensively and were unable to locate the men.
• At 8:56 a.m., a woman called from the 100 block of West Main Street to report her boyfriend assaulted her and she would like an emergency restraining order. Police contacted the 28-year-old boyfriend at his workplace and booked him for battery of a cohabitant.
• At 1:03 p.m., a caller from the 800 block of Sutton Way reported a natural gas leak. The call was transferred to the fire department.
• At 1:12 p.m., a caller from the 600 block of Leduc Street reported a man was lying in the roadway and another person involved left in an older brown Suburban. Police made contact with the man in the street, and he refused medical treatment and police involvement.
• At 8:18 p.m., a woman called from the 200 block of Sutton Way to report a man was stalking her. She said the man continued to show up at her window and planted drug paraphernalia in her car. Police advised the woman of the restraining order process.
• At 2:09 a.m., a caller from a fast food restaurant on the 1800 block of East Main Street reported a man in a silver truck tried to jump through the drive-through window. The man appeared to have been drinking.
• At 2:14 p.m., police arrested a 21-year old man and a 19-year-old man on the 1000 block of Plaza Drive for burglary. The men were in a silver truck.
• At 3:09 a.m., police arrested a 21-year-old man at a gas station for drunken driving.
• At 10:21 a.m., a woman called from the 200 block of Colfax Avenue to report a person in a Black Honda with a spoiler hit her car and fled the scene. Police made contact with the caller and will follow up.
• At 3:16 p.m., a caller from a business on the 11000 block of Mooney Flat Road reported theft of cash and gas. Deputies took a report for petty theft.
• At 6:50 p.m., a caller from the 17000 block of Penn Valley Drive reported a motorcycle was stolen from a storage unit.
• At 7:17 p.m., a caller from Pleasant Valley Road and Mooney Flat Road reported multiple ATV riders caused damage to new pavement in a new subdivision.
• At 7:22 p.m., a caller from the 22000 block of Dog Bar Road reported a 30-year-old woman was missing, last seen at 9 p.m., May 18, with suitcases and a box of kittens. She is known to be mentally unstable. Deputies took a report and dispatchers issued an alert for area law enforcement to be on the lookout for the woman.
• At 12:07 a.m., a deputy arrested a 34-year-old woman on Highway 49 at Gold Flat Road for drunken driving.
• At 3:44 a.m., a caller from the 11000 block of Highgrader Road reported a man was violating a court order. He was at the residence and refusing to leave. Deputies arrested the man for failing to comply with a court order and willful disobedience of any order served by the court.
• At 11:37 a.m., a caller reported a runaway juvenile. The girl is 16 years old with brown hair and brown eyes, wearing gray sweat pants and a gray tank top
• At 4 p.m., a caller from the 14000 block of Pleasant Valley Road reported juveniles were spray-painting at a school. Three juveniles were being detained.
• At 10:32 p.m., a caller from Highway 49 reported a disabled big rig at the Broad Street on ramp. The CHP handled the call.
• At 12:04 a.m., a caller from Highway 20 at Uren Street reported hearing what sounded like a woman screaming. He heard three screams. A second caller reported hearing the screams. Deputies responded and were unable to locate the source of the screams.
• At 2 a.m., a caller from Red Dog Road reported two horses were in the roadway. The horses eventually wandered home.
• At 8:41 a.m., a caller from the 16000 block of Oscar Road reported her neighbor left dogs tied up in a 5 feet by 5 feet pen and they are out all day and all night with no shelter from the sun or rain. This is an ongoing issue. The call was referred to Nevada County Animal Control.
• At 2:52 a.m., a woman called from the 100 block of Grove Street to report she arrived home to find her ex-boyfriend there. Police arrested the 26-year-old man for refusing to leave a fenced property upon request.
• At 7:26 a.m., a caller reported a fire burning in the area of Crown Point Circle and Whispering Pines. Someone was burning large debris piles with a CDF permit.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Grass Valley and Nevada County make The Union’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User