• At 11:38 a.m., a caller from the 100 block of Mohawk Street reported people from a transient camp moved farther up in the brush than usual. Police made contact and cited a man for having an open container of alcohol.
• At 1:38 p.m., police cited a man on the 100 block of Neal Street for having an open container of alcohol.
• At 1:48 p.m., a caller from Dorsey Street at Sutton Way reported a man was selling strawberries without a permit. Police made contact with the man and explained he needed a permit to sell within the city. The man said he would no longer sell within city limits.
• At 2:37 p.m., a woman from the 300 block of North Church Street said she was assaulted by a man. Police arrested the 32-year-old man for battery against a spouse/cohabitant.
• At 5:09 p.m., a caller from the 200 block of Mill Street reported problems with loiterers by the creek.
• At 12:19 a.m., a caller from the 900 block of Slate Creek reported a dog was barking for the past 30 minutes. Police made contact and no one was home.
• At 7:39 a.m., a man called from Allison Ranch Road at Mill Street to report he was hit by a dump truck while he was riding his bicycle.
• At 10:14 a.m., police arrested a man and a woman for violation of a court order to prevent harassment. The woman was booked into jail and the man was cited and released.
• At 10:17 a.m., a woman called from the 800 block of West Main Street to report a man was going up to houses without cars in the driveways and ringing the doorbells.
• At 11:00 a.m., a caller from the 200 block of South Auburn Street reported vandalism to play structures at a school.
• At 11:27 a.m., a caller from the 900 block of Golden Gate Terrace reported a Ford Ranger truck was stolen. Police issued an alert for local law enforcement to be on the lookout.
• At 11:08 a.m., dispatchers alerted law enforcement to be on the lookout for a 2003 Ford F-250 and a 2003 Jayco 28-foot travel trailer, both stolen from in front of a restaurant on Highway 174 at Rollins Lake Road.
• At 9:42 p.m., deputies arrested a 23-year-old Grass Valley man at a bridge near the 13000 block of Rockaway Place for possession of a controlled substance and being under the influence of a controlled substance.
• At 1:29 a.m., deputies took a report for an assault on the 10000 block of John Barleycorn Road that occurred last night.
• At 7:26 a.m., a man called from the 12000 block of Rough and Ready Highway to report a person had been flashing him at his window and flashing people on the side of the road, including a group of children at a bus stop.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Grass Valley and Nevada County make The Union’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User