• At 9:32 a.m., police arrested a man at a gas station for making threats and violating probation.
• At 10:13 a.m., a caller from the 200 block of Joerschke Drive reported a purse was stolen from a vehicle.
• At 10:47 a.m., police assisted someone on the 900 block of Plaza Drive with keys locked in a gold Chevrolet Silverado.
• At 3:57 p.m., a caller from the 500 block of Richardson Street reported a possible prowler last night. Police took a report.
• At 9:59 p.m., police cited a 25-year-old man on East Main and Bennett Street for being drunk in public and arrested him for a local warrant.
• At 1:32 a.m., police arrested a 20-year-old man on East Main Street for drunken driving, possession of a controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia.
• At 3:10 a.m., a caller from the 100 block of South Auburn Street reported an intoxicated man in his 20s wearing a gray polo shirt appeared to have urinated in his pants. Police checked the area and were unable to locate the man.
• At 8:10 a.m., a woman called from Sutton Way to report her 19-year-old boyfriend bit her and tried to run her down with a vehicle. Police took a report and made contact with the boyfriend. He was arrested on an outstanding warrant.
• At 10:08 a.m., a caller reported the red light was not working at the intersection of Brunswick Road and Sutton Way.
• At 12:22 p.m., a caller from the 13000 block of Woodstock Drive reported theft of antique fishing poles, creels and reels. Deputies took a report for burglary and grand theft.
• At 3:19 p.m., deputies stopped a vehicle on the 10000 block of Pleasant Valley Road and arrested a 43-year-old Smartville man for violation of probation and a 50-year-old Penn Valley woman for violation of a court order.
• At 8:31 p.m., a caller from Wolf Road reported two horses were in the roadway headed toward Highway 49. Deputies checked the area and were unable to locate the horses. The CHP was advised.
• At 11:06 p.m., a caller from the 11000 block of Sierra Circle reported a raccoon was in the bedroom. It entered the house through the pet door. The caller was able to get the raccoon out of the room.
• At 11:39 p.m., deputies arrested a 22-year-old man on the 12000 block of Tobacco Road for trespassing. The property owner said he was on the property with a flashlight, yelling in the woods.
• At 10:00 a.m., a caller reported a traffic accident on Argall Way. The fire department reported there were no injuries.
• At 10:05 a.m., a caller from a business on the 12000 block of Nevada City Highway reported the theft of movies. Deputies took a report for burglary and petty theft.
• At 9:57 p.m., a caller from the 400 block of Pine Street reported a cat had been attacked by a pit bull. Grass Valley Animal Control was en route.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Grass Valley and Nevada County make The Union’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User