Police blotter 10/9/07
• 10:34 a.m. – A caller from the 100 block of Mill Street reported the back of a building was vandalized. An officer took a report for vandalism.
• 12:56 p.m. – A woman from the 400 block of French Avenue reported several items on her property were destroyed and vandalized. Police took a report for petty theft.
• 1:33 p.m. – A caller from the 300 block of South School Street reported three youthful skateboarders moved a lunch table in front of an office. The juveniles were last seen headed toward Main Street. Police checked the area extensively but were unable to locate them.
• 3:51 p.m. – A woman from the 200 block of Northstar Place reported her 6-month-old and 2-year-old children were locked in her gray 2000 Dodge Stratus. The 2-year-old had the keys and managed to hit the lock button. Police assisted the woman.
• 5:26 p.m. – A caller reported a man was camping out and washing his clothes and dishes in an irrigation ditch near Litton Trail. Police arrested the 64-year-old man on a warrant.
• 5:39 p.m. – A caller from a business on McKnight Way reported a man wearing no shoes was screaming and yelling at people and swinging a very large stick, trying to hit people. Police contacted the man and took his stick. The caller did not wish to press charges.
• 7:41 a.m. – A caller from the 13000 block of Highway 174 reported a burglary just occurred. The suspect was driving a green car. Patrol officers were advised.
• 8:40 a.m. – A caller from Highway 49 near McKnight Way reported an off-duty deputy was fighting with an arrestee. Officers determined the deputy did “have words” with someone over possible lost property, but they did not fight or disturb the peace.
• 10:35 a.m. – A woman called 911 from the 14000 block of Lodgepole Drive to ask what the date was. A dispatcher provided the information to the caller.
• 1:18 p.m. – A caller from the 15000 block of Banner Lava Cap Road reported a generator was stolen.
• 1:33 p.m. – A caller from the 22000 block of East Hacienda Drive reported a community center was vandalized. An officer would contact the caller.
• 3:49 p.m. – A man called from the 12000 block of Highway 174 to report he was trying to post his doctor’s recommendation for medicinal marijuana, and his neighbor tore the sign down. A deputy would call the man.
• 4:45 p.m. – A woman called from Highway 49 to report a man in his car was filming her as she drove. He passed her several times and was filming each time.
• 8:20 p.m. – An anonymous caller reported a large marijuana harvest on the 14000 block of Lava Cap Mine Road.
• 11:41 p.m. – A door alarm sounded at a business on the 12000 block of Auburn Road. A deputy responded, met with the caretaker and took a report for burglary.
• 1:55 a.m. – A woman reported a taxi driver dropped off a passenger on the 10000 block of Footwall Drive, and the passenger would not pay the driver. The woman said the person finally paid but followed the taxi and was standing in the street, hitting the taxi. Deputies arrested the passenger on suspicion of public drunkenness and violating probation.
• 8:43 a.m. – A caller from an office on Coyote Street reported a person was sleeping in a box in a loading area. The man was gone when police arrived.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Grass Valley and Nevada County make The Union’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User