• At 6:02 p.m., a caller reported seeing a man shoplift alcohol from the SPD Market in Nevada City on the 700 block of Zion Street. The thief ran from the scene.
• At 7:38 p.m., a caller from the 25200 block of Highway 49 reported his ex-girlfriend burglarized his residence.
• At 8:12 p.m., a caller from Oak Street Market on the 11900 block of Squirrel Creek Road reported that a man assaulted him after he accused him of passing a fake $20 bill.
• At 8:30 p.m., a woman with a swim team at Nevada Union High School pool said some juveniles had climbed the fence, jumped in the pool and harassed her team. Deputies ran them off.
• At 8:36 p.m., a caller reported a person dressed in black was laying on the side of Alta Sierra Drive between Little Valley and Ball roads. Deputies were unable to locate the person.
• At 11:54 p.m., a 39-year-old woman with no known address or occupation was booked into the Wayne Brown Correctional Facility for theft or unlawful taking of a vehicle. Bail was set at $10,000.
• At 2:15 a.m., a security officer at Pleasant Valley School called to say he had detained three juveniles on the grounds. Deputies advised the juveniles of trespassing and curfew laws.
• At 9:16 a.m., a caller from the 15500 block of Green Way Place reported possible credit card fraud through a bank.
• At 11:32 a.m., a woman from the 18700 block of Starduster Drive reported she had mistakenly called 911 because she didn’t have her glasses on.
• At 4:05 p.m., a rollover accident was reported on Highway 49 just north of The Willo Restaurant. There were no major injuries involved and no one was taken to the hospital.
• At 4:05 p.m., a caller from the 18000 block of Retreat Road said some people were riding quads on her property and were refusing to leave.
• At 4:25 p.m., a caller on Banner Quaker Hill Road reported his or her grandfather was drunk and driving into town to buy more alcohol.
• At 8:03 p.m., a caller from the Biblical Gardens on the 16400 block of Auburn Road reported her purse, makeup bag and cell phone were stolen from her vehicle while it was parked there.
• At 12:16 a.m., a report came in that a Yamaha motorcycle had been stolen from a residence on Charlene Way in Grass Valley.
• At 7:03 a.m., a Washington woman, 22, was arrested for injuring or endangering a child. Bail was set at $35,000.
• At 1:22 p.m., a caller from the 100 block of West Main Street reported a juvenile was having seizures.
• At 4:18 p.m., a caller from the 300 block of Church Street reported the theft of plants from her residence.
• At 7:19 p.m., a caller from the 100 block of Wendy Circle reported a woman reclining in the roadway. The woman was arrested for driving under the influence.
• At 6:50 a.m., a caller from the 100 block of Mohawk Street reported four people were camping across the street from the residence behind a business. Police made contact with the four and arrested one on a warrant.
• At 9 a.m., a caller from the 400 block of Maryland Drive reported that a prowler had been inside her residence the prior night.
• At 5:44 p.m., a Raley’s employee reported her purse had been stolen from her vehicle while it was parked behind the store on the 600 block of Freeman Lane.
• At 7:33 p.m., a caller from the 200 block of Sutton Way reported that her ex-boyfriend threw their 1-year-old child on the floor, kicked her and left the residence.
• At 7:45 p.m., a caller at the corner of Sutton Way and Dorsey Drive reported a driver was running red lights and stop signs in the area.
• At 7:40 a.m., a caller from the 100 block of Ophir Street reported coming home to find her front door open. She looked up to see a man in a red baseball cap running across the street.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User