Police blotter 10/6/07
Grass Valley Police Department
• At 6:28 a.m., a woman called from the 100 block of West Berryhill Drive to report that bright lights for roadwork were still on while the people working on the roadway were all gone. She also said there was a large dip in the roadway and there was no sign.
• At 8:23 a.m., officers arrested a 39-year-old man on the 200 block of June Drive on suspicion of damaging a telephone and booked him into the Nevada County jail.
• At 6:11 p.m., officers arrested a 19-year-old man on suspicion of possessing drugs at the northbound access ramp of Highway 49 at Bank Street and booked him into the Nevada County jail.
• At 9:23 p.m., officers arrested a man in Empire Market on suspicion of possessing stolen property.
• At 2:46 a.m., a caller from the 800 block of Old Tunnel Road reported someone had broken into the caller’s parents’ house and entered and exited through a back window. A report was taken for burglary.
Nevada City Police Department
• At 8:06 a.m., a caller from the 400 block of Gold Flat Road reported several men in a white pickup truck left an automotive shop after stealing several carburetors and other parts from a pile outside the shop.
• At 6:13 p.m., a caller from the 100 block of Sacramento St. reported a homeless person’s dog has been tied up behind a restaurant for two days.
Nevada County Sheriff’s Office
• At 9:14 a.m., a caller from the 17000 block of Virginia Way reported the theft of an Xbox and video game from a residence.
• At 10:52 a.m., a man from the 10000 block of Norambagua Lane reported his neighbor harassed and threatened him.
• At 11:15 a.m., a caller from the 10000 block of Three Sevens Place reported someone threatened a child who was playing.
• At 12:20 p.m., a caller from the 10000 block of Forest Springs Drive reported possible identity theft.
• At 2:34 p.m., a caller from the 900 block of Maidu Ave. reported a small child alone and locked inside a vehicle.
• Some time before 5:30 p.m., a man called to report someone had been camping and trespassing on his property and when asked to leave, dumped a large amount of pornographic material in the roadway.
• At 5:31 p.m., a caller from the 11000 block of Inverness Way reported credit card fraud.
• At 5:36 p.m., a man from the 11000 block of Tensy Lane reported finding an unknown woman on his property who was acting suspicious.
• At 6:12 p.m., a caller from Highway 49 reported a person standing barefoot on the fog line of the highway and yelling at passing vehicles.
• At 9:34 p.m., a caller from the 29000 block of Highway 49 reported a fight between a man and woman.
• At 11:03 p.m., a caller from Valkenburg Lane reported a vehicle driving up and down the road, shining headlights into a vacant house.
– Compiled by Soumitro Sen and Laura Brown
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Grass Valley and Nevada County make The Union’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User