• At 6:15 p.m. a caller on the 20600 block of Wolf Creek Road reported two dogs had attacked a neighbor’s horses. One of the dogs had been caught but the other got away.
• At 6:16 p.m. a 24-year-old Nevada City man was booked into the Wayne Brown Correctional Facility for battery with serious bodily injury after pushing his grandfather. The man was also arrested for failing to appear in court. Bail was set at $10,000.
• At 6:44 p.m. a caller from Milhous School on the San Juan Ridge reported that a juvenile had assaulted an employee, who was taken to Sierra Nevada Memorial Hospital with broken teeth and a possible broken jaw.
• At 7:14 p.m. a business on Freeman Lane reported a man was watching women walk in and out of the building.
• At 8:37 p.m. a caller from the 10300 block of Willow Valley Road reported their residence had been burglarized in the last 90 minutes.
• At 9:32 p.m. a caller from the 10700 block of Oak Drive reported a fight involving multiple males, but no weapons. The combatants left before deputies could arrive.
• At 10:13 p.m. a caller reported that his ex-wife’s husband had attempted to run him off the road with his dump truck while they were driving on Highway 49 northbound near the Gold Flat Road exit. The case was turned over the California Highway Patrol for a road rage investigation.
• At 10:54 p.m. a caller from the 10800 block of Cedar Way said after deputy’s responded to her residence following a fight, a suspect involved came back to her house and threatened her life.
• At 12:20 a.m. a 39-year-old Grass Valley woman was booked into the Wayne Brown Correctional Facility for possession of drugs, being under the influence of drugs and destroying evidence. Bail was set at $10,000.
• At 2:31 a.m., an alarm sounded from a vehicle on Ridge Road. A neighbor of the vehicle owner disconnected the battery and shut the alarm off.
• At 6:30 a.m. a caller from the 21400 block of Dog Bar Road reported that his neighbor was on his property shooting a paintball gun.
• At 4:23 p.m. a caller from the 100 block of Neal Street reported that a man wearing a T-shirt from the band Insane Clown Posse was threatening another man.
• At 6:10 p.m., a woman on the 200 block of Sutton Way reported her ex-husband was threatening her.
• At 12:27 a.m. a caller from a business in the 100 block of West Main Street said people were pounding on the building’s glass windows. Officers were unable to locate them.
• At 12:40 a.m. a caller from the 300 block of Carol Drive said a man entered her home from an upstairs deck and left by a spiral staircase. The man with baggy clothes and a backward baseball cap could not be found by officers.
• At 10:43 a.m. a caller from the 100 block of Auburn Street reported a possible fraud.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Grass Valley and Nevada County make The Union’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User