• At 3:38 p.m., a caller from the 100 block of Richardson Street reported several people were beating on a door and broke a window. They were also throwing rocks and yelling at a resident. Police arrived, and the people were gone on arrival.
• At 4:19 p.m. a caller reported a man kicked in the door of her apartment on the 300 block of Pleasant Street and fled on foot. Police arrived on the scene and took a report.
• At 10:09 p.m. a caller reported someone tried to get in the front door on the 300 block of Northstar Place. Police arrested 32-year-old man for violation of probation and being under the influence of a controlled substance.
• At 8:40 a.m. a resident reported being stuck in an elevator on the 100 block of Eureka St. The fire department responded.
• At 11:05 a.m., a caller from the 15000 block of Brook End reported a job site was broken into and various construction items were stolen. Police took a report for burglary.
• At 11:09 a.m., a woman called from the 12000 block of Lakeshore North reported her husband choked her twice. She said he was standing in front of her house waiting for her to return. The woman was afraid for her life. Deputies responded, and the woman got an emergency protective order from Nevada County Superior Court.
• At 12:34 p.m., a caller from the 18000 block of Mustang Valley Place reported a man was selling frozen meat from door to door out of an old white truck with freezers strapped to the back.
• At 1:41 p.m. a caller from Old Downieville Road reported a traffic accident on Highway 49 between Old Downieville Road and Cement Hill Road.
• At 3:44 p.m., a caller from the 12000 block of La Barr Meadows Road reported a 40-year-old man was making threats. He was arrested for spousal abuse and violation of probation.
• At 9:02 p.m., a caller from Collier Road reported he and his wife were stuck in the snow, and a tow truck was unwilling to tow their vehicle because the road was not plowed. A sheriff’s deputy provided the couple a ride home.
• At 7:45 a.m., a caller from a business on the 100 block of Argall Way reported an attempted burglary.
• At 8:04 a.m., a man called from the 17000 block of Woodglen Lane reported a neighbor he was trying to talk to about a past dispute pulled a gun on him, put the gun to the side of the caller’s head, then went inside his house with the gun. Deputies arrested the 60-year-old man for exhibiting a firearm and making threats.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Grass Valley and Nevada County make The Union’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User