• At 11 a.m., a caller from the 800 block of East Main Street reported an abandoned vehicle because of Sunday’s snow. The owner would pick it up today.
• At At 12:37 p.m., police took a report for a missing juvenile, last seen at a bowling alley Saturday.
• At 1:28 p.m., a woman called from Sutton Way to report that her sister attempted to run her over. Police took a report for aggravated assault.
• At 1:32 p.m., police made contact with a missing juvenile who said she was on her way back to Grass Valley.
• At 2:08 a.m., a caller from Dorsey Drive reported that a broken pipe was gushing water. Information was given to the Nevada Irrigation District.
• At 4:59 p.m., a caller from the 1400 block of Segsworth Way reported people were sleeping inside a bus and there were three vicious dogs inside. The occupants had been warned before of the city’s camping ordinance, and dispatch notified graveyard shift to be on the lookout.
• At 12:18 a.m., two callers from the 200 block of Sutton Way reported a loud party. Police arrested an 18-year-old woman, who was hosting the party, for violation of probation.
• At 9:04 a.m., a caller from West Main Street reported theft of prescription drugs last Friday. Police took a report.
• At 10:18 a.m., police provided assistance to someone locked out of a vehicle parked across from the golf course on East Main Street.
• At 6:42 p.m., a caller from the 15000 block of Little Valley Road reported a physical fight over a child custody issue.
• At 7:33 p.m., a caller from the 14000 block of Perimeter Road reported a person followed him down the road brandishing a baseball bat and making comments about an incident he was not involved in. The caller requested a log entry only and no deputy contact.
• At 11:19 p.m., a caller from Highway 49 at North Bloomfield Road reported two vehicles stuck in the snow on the side of the road.
• At 8:16 a.m., a man called from the 16000 block of You Bet Road reported theft from a storage shed, and it has happened before.
• At 10:30 a.m., a caller reported a noninjury accident on the Gold Flat Road onramp.
• At 10:34 a.m., a caller from the 11000 block of Ridge Road reported vandalism to a vehicle at the high school.
• At 10:47 a.m., a caller from the 23000 block of Shadow Drive reported fraudulent charges on her credit card.
• At 11:02 a.m., a caller from Pleasant Valley Road reported the theft of gold pieces.
• At 12:17 p.m., a caller from Lake Wildwood reported two men in a black two-door car were seen stealing mail from various mailboxes in the area. The men were actually handing out fliers.
• At 8:52 p.m., a woman called from the 200 block of Brock Road to report a snowman in the middle of the road.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Grass Valley and Nevada County make The Union’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User