• At 4:05 p.m., a caller from the Segeworth Way reported a 4- or 5-year-old girl wearing a pink sweater, blue jeans and blue gloves was walking from an apartment complex to a pharmacy. A female neighbor walked with the child to the pharmacy. Police made contact with the girl at her residence and issued a citation for child endangerment to her caretaker. Child Protective Services was notified.
• At 7:46 p.m., a caller from the 200 block of North Church Street reported four people in their late teens hit the side of a Jeep and dented the hood. Police took a report for vandalism and checked the area.
• At 7:51 p.m., a caller from the 100 block of Colfax Avenue reported squatters have been staying in his property. Police checked the property and were unable to locate any transients.
• At 7:53 p.m., a caller from Sutton Way reported four punk rockers were smoking marijuana outside a laundromat. Police contacted the individuals and did not find any marijuana.
• At 11:02 a.m., a caller from the 100 block of Park Avenue reported an ex-tenant was sleeping in his vehicle in front of the building.
• At 11:52 a.m., a caller reported two people threw a mattress off the overpass on Highway 20 at Squirrel Creek road, causing a traffic hazard. The CHP was advised.
• At 12:19 p.m., a caller reported a noninjury collision on the 1600 block of East Main Street.
• At 10:52 a.m., deputies arrested a 52-year-old Grass Valley man on the 700 block of Zion Street for petty theft with a prior jail term for theft.
• At 10:51 a.m., a caller from North Ponderosa Way reported a newer white Ford F10 truck had been parked on the street at the junction of the falls for two weeks. The vehicle appeared to be abandoned.
• At 11:45 a.m., a caller from Brewer Road and Annie Drive reported his vehicle was broken into. Tools and paperwork were stolen.
• At 2:10 p.m., a caller from the Tyler Foote Road reported a traffic accident in the 19000 block of Tyler Foote Road.
• At 8:49 p.m., a caller from the 10000 block of Devonshire Street reported a man and a woman were going door to door stating they were cleaning carpets. They did not have a vehicle or cleaning equipment. The female became pushy trying to enter the residence.
• At 7:59 a.m., a caller from the 11000 block of Ridge Road reported unsolicited distribution of tobacco products.
• At 11:16 a.m., a caller from the 19000 block of Jayhawk Drive reported identity theft.
• At 12:09 p.m., deputies arrested a juvenile for assaulting a staff member at a reform school on the 24000 block of Highway 49.
• At 12:37 p.m., a smoke alarm went off at 17733 Avalon Place. The house was filling with smoke. The homeowner and animal control were notified.
• At 12:55 p.m., a caller from 728 Nevada Street reported smoke in a structure. The fire department was on scene.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User