• At 7:09 p.m., a caller from the 200 block of North Auburn Street reported a neighbor was pointing a gun at a car parked out front. Police arrested a 56-year-old man for making threats and exhibiting a firearm in a threatening manner. They also arrested a 45-year-old man for a warrant.
• At 8:41 p.m., a caller from the 800 block of Sutton Way reported one of three juveniles threw a rock and broke a window on a big rig. Police took a report for vandalism.
• At 1:30 a.m., a caller from Mill Street reported a verbal argument between a man and a woman. Police took a report for a domestic restraining order.
• At 1:59 a.m., police assisted a person locked out of a car.
• At 7:09 a.m., a caller from East Main Street reported the traffic light was flashing red at Sierra College Drive.
• At 7:55 a.m., a caller from East Main Street reported a noninjury vehicle accident.
• At 9:52 a.m., police contacted a group of juveniles leaving school at Mohawk Street and South Auburn Street.
• At 1:55 p.m., a caller from the 12000 block of Mooney Flat Road to report loose cattle on the roadway. Sheriff’s dispatch attempted to contact the owner of the cattle.
• At 7:14 p.m., a caller from the 12000 block of Shady Lane reported being attacked, but medical attention was not needed. The alleged attacker was wearing a black hat, a dark coat and dark trousers. Deputies took a report for burglary.
• At 8:12 p.m., a caller from the 10000 block of Howe Avenue reported ongoing theft of mail.
• At 10:08 p.m., an Amber Alert was issued for a parental abduction from the UC Davis Medical Center, possibly en route to a residence in South Lake Tahoe. The children were located and the alert was canceled.
• At 10:23 p.m., deputies arrested two people on the 11000 block of Nevada City Highway for a local warrant and a Marin County warrant.
• At 11:56 p.m., deputies arrested a 37-year-old man on the 14000 block of Frontier Lane for inflicting corporal injury on a spouse/cohabitant.
• At 7:50 a.m., a caller reported a runaway juvenile from the 10000 block of Willow Valley Road.
• At 9:46 a.m., a caller from Pleasant Valley Road reported the theft of a generator from a trailer.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Grass Valley and Nevada County make The Union’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User