• At 10:42 a.m., a caller from the 700 block of Freeman Lane reported a noninjury vehicle accident in a parking lot.
• At 12:05 p.m., police issued a citation in the Raley’s parking lot. A Lexus SUV was parked in a spot for the handicapped and no placard was displayed.
• At 12:29 p.m., a caller from the 100 block of Berryman Street reported a tenant was maliciously destroying an apartment by flooding the basement with a hose.
• At 1:50 p.m., a caller from a hotel on the 200 block of West Main Street reported a man left without paying his bill. Police took a report for defrauding an innkeeper.
• At 2:41 p.m., a caller from Chester Street reported hearing large explosions from the freeway. The caller said it also happened three nights ago. Information was given to a patrol officer.
• At 6:03 p.m., a woman called from the 600 block of Whiting Street to report juveniles from her apartment complex were leaving feces on her doorstep and on her vehicle.
• At 8:17 a.m., a caller from the 200 block of Dorsey Drive reported a man was causing a disturbance. Police responded and arrested the caller, 45-year-old woman, for a warrant.
• At 9:47 a.m., a caller from the 2200 block of Ridge Road reported a man and a woman were soliciting carpet cleaning services door-to-door. They became forceful and reluctant to leave the residence. They were driving an older red Ford van.
• At 2:18 p.m., a caller from the 11000 block of McCourtney Road reported a horse was down and no one could get it off the ground. Animal control responded.
• At 6:15 p.m., a woman called from the 11000 block of Red Ranch Road to report a man was threatening to physically hurt her. The man, heard in the background, sounded very drunk. The man left the residence.
• At 12:09 a.m., a caller reported a woman was driving drunk in a dark Dodge Dakota with three children in the vehicle. She was driving from Grass Valley to Colfax on Highway 174.
• At 6:19 a.m., the California Highway Patrol responded to a single-vehicle accident on McCourtney Road just south of Retrac Way. A car had gone into a ditch.
• At 9:18 a.m., a man called from the 13000 block of North Ponderosa Way to report his neighbor was threatening to drive a forklift through the caller’s gate.
• At 9:47 a.m., deputies were advised of a false report of an explosive device at Nevada Union High School.
• At 11 a.m., a caller from the 15000 block of Little Valley Road reported a runaway juvenile.
• At 11:23 a.m., a man called to report he was assaulted at a gas station on Sacramento Street over the weekend.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Grass Valley and Nevada County make The Union’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User