• At 1:05 p.m., a caller from the 400 block of Marshall Street reported she saw a man waving a gun at a woman in the caller’s front yard. Police made contact with the man and no arrests were made.
• At 1:48 p.m., a man called from the 600 block of Freeman Lane to report a man he fired today for having alcohol on the job was threatening to vandalize his business. The caller requested extra patrol.
• At 2:43 p.m., a caller reported a tree was down on Ridge Road by the high school. The tree was removed.
• At 4:07 p.m., a caller from the 100 block of Catherine Lane reported threats from former employees.
• At 5:15 p.m., a caller from Pleasant Valley Road reported a nude person walking down the road. The call was transferred to the Nevada County Sheriff’s Office. Deputies contacted the man’s father, who took responsibility for him.
• At 5:40 p.m., a caller requested police check on a woman living on the 100 block of Comstock. The woman was transported to the hospital by ambulance and her husband picked up her child. Police took a report for child endangerment.
• At 7:43 p.m., police arrested a 65-year-old man on Mill Street for being drunk in public.
• At 2:42 a.m., a caller from Sierra College Drive across from the CDF fire station reported a truck behind an auto repair shop was ramming the building. Police arrested a 22-year-old man for vandalism, drunken driving and resisting arrest.
• At 7:06 a.m., a caller from the 100 block of East Berryhill Drive reported people were hanging from trees and making loud noises. The caller said they left.
• At 7:47 a.m., police arrested a 19-year-old Penn Valley woman on the 200 block of Sutton Way for failure to appear on a warrant.
• At 1:10 p.m., Redding law enforcement advised Nevada County law enforcement of a missing 45-year-old woman who was last seen in Nevada City on Feb. 1.
• At 1:21 p.m.,a caller from Creekside Village reported a vehicle occupied by two men in suits and ties was moving through a parking lot at a high rate of speed, nearly hitting several objects and people.
• At 2:13 p.m., a caller from the 17000 block of Shelter Court reported that a juvenile with a large butcher knife under the influence of meth made threats, and one of his family members had two superficial neck wounds. Deputies were advised to be on the lookout for the juvenile. He was driving a truck with flames painted on the side.
• At 12:16 p.m., a caller from the 500 block of Searls Avenue reported an attempted burglary to a business. A rock had been thrown through a window.
• At 12:20 p.m., a caller from the 400 block of Zion Street reported a large pool of water was backing up the roadway because of plugged drains.
• At 9:53 a.m., a caller from the 800 block of Nevada Street reported a missing juvenile.
• At 1:23 p.m., a caller from Idaho-Maryland Road and Centennial Street reported a vehicle fire.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Grass Valley and Nevada County make The Union’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User