• At 10:07 a.m., a woman called from the 400 block of Pine Street to report something, possibly an illegal firework, had exploded in her front yard.
• At 3:20 p.m., a caller from the 600 block of Freeman Lane reported the theft of an ATM card by a man with brown hair wearing a blue coat and a white backpack. The man fled into a wooded area behind a business. Police took a report for grand theft.
• At 3:33 p.m., a caller reported a man in an older yellow van was continually driving in the area of Empire Mine and parking in the Penn Gate parking lot. He reportedly continually watches people in the park. Police checked the area and could not find the man. California State Parks personnel were advised.
• At 3:59 p.m., a caller from the Pelton Wheel Mining Museum at McCourtney Road and Allison Ranch Road reported a lock was cut off of a gate and a door was forced open. Officers secured the gate.
• At 4:12 p.m., a 31-year-old man was arrested on the 400 block of Colfax Avenue for being drunk in public.
• At 9:06 p.m., a woman reported she was being harassed at her home on the 700 block of South Auburn Street. Someone kept knocking on her door then running away. She said she felt very unsafe.
• At 3:55 a.m., a man called from the 400 block of Sierra College Drive to report his wife left the room and he was unsure of where she was. She was locate inside the building.
• At 10:06 a.m., a person at the police department wanted to talk to an officer about an assault at a tanning salon that occurred a few months ago.
• At 11:40 a.m., a caller from Colfax Avenue past Memorial Park reported a tree was down.
• At 11:52 a.m., a caller from Highway 174 and Silver Street reported two trees were down onto power lines.
• At 11:39 a.m., a woman reported being assaulted when she tried to go onto property on the 11000 block of Mooney Flat Road.
• At 1:12 p.m., a caller from the 15000 block of Dog Bar Road reported a tree had fallen into the roadway. The California Highway Patrol moved the tree, however two sections are on the side of the road and needed to be cut up. The Department of Transportation would do it tomorrow.
• At 3:13 p.m., a woman called to report someone took her retirement accounts and copies of letters to stock corporations.
• At 4:46 p.m., a caller from the 10000 block of School Street reported a physical fight next door. A male was bleeding with a beer in his hand and trying to gain access to a residence. The man had slipped and hit his head on an ATV. A deputy provided a ride to the emergency room.
• At 10:12 p.m., a caller from Highway 49 near Gold Flat Road reported a woman came out of the trees onto the highway wearing white with no coat.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User