• At 2:10 p.m., a caller from the 900 block of Golden Gate Terrace reported the theft of a wallet.
• At 3:01 p.m., a police arrested a 41-year-old man for being drunk in public.
• At 4:27 p.m., a man called from the 2000 block of Ridge Road to report he was the victim of a telemarketing scam from Nigeria.
• At 6:12 p.m., a caller from East Daniels Street reported a man wearing a red shirt and sunglasses was urinating in public. Police checked the area and the man was gone.
• At 9:15 p.m., a caller from Highway 89 at the Nevada state line called to report a vehicle accident. The California Highway Patrol responded.
• At 6:18 a.m., a caller from South Auburn Street reported a port-a-potty was on the roadway in the left northbound lane. The California Highway Patrol responded.
• At 1:10 p.m., a caller from the 11000 block of Ridge Road reported a juvenile was caught with drugs and requested contact by a deputy.
• At 1:26 p.m., a caller from the Nevada County Food Bank on the 12000 block of Charles Drive reported a gas credit card was stolen.
• At 1:54 p.m., a caller from the 24000 block of Oro Valley Road reported the identity theft of his son’s bank information. The son is in Iraq and the caller has power of attorney. Deputies took a report for credit card fraud.
• At 2:32 p.m., a woman called from the 17000 block of Sunrise Road reported her neighbor made faces and growled at her when she drove by him.
• At 3:04 p.m., a caller from Mooney Flat Road reported hubcaps were stolen from his rental car.
• At 3:37 p.m., a woman called from the 10000 block of Squirrel Creek Road to report a stranger abducted her child, according to a teacher. The woman called back to report the teacher made a mistake, and the woman who took the child was actually picking up her own daughter.
• At 5:07 p.m., a caller from Glenbrook Estates reported people were having sex in a red Pontiac. The caller requested extra patrol for drug activity and people having sex in the area.
• At 7: 46 p.m., a caller from the 19000 block of Highway 174 reported receiving a suspicious notebook full of conspiracy theories from a man named Philip.
• At 11:05 p.m., deputies arrested a 37-year-old printer press worker on the 400 block of Sutton Way for unlawful display of registration and driving with a suspended license for a drunken driving conviction.
• At 12:01 a.m., deputies arrested a 28-year-old Grass Valley man on the 15000 block of Lorrie Drive for a warrant involving assault with a deadly weapon.
• At 5:22 p.m., a caller from a grocery store on the 100 block of Zion Street reported two juveniles stole candy and bagels and ran out the side door. The juveniles were at the bus stop with candy wrappers at their feet.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Grass Valley and Nevada County make The Union’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User