• At 12:28 p.m., a caller from the 100 block of Idaho Maryland Drive reported a .45 caliber handgun was stolen. Police took a report.
• At 2:14 p.m., a caller from the 300 block of Bennett Street reported an infant’s bedroom was vandalized.
• At 3:29 p.m., a caller from a pharmacy on Sutton Way reported a forged prescription for hydrocodine.
• At 4 p.m., a caller from the 200 block of Horizon Circle reported a gold Jeep Cherokee was damaged with a hammer.
• At 5:52 p.m., a caller from a bowling alley reported juveniles were shooting airsoft guns at customers from a silver Subaru in front of the business. Police checked the area and the juveniles were gone.
• At 3:47 a.m., police arrested a 22-year-old woman for drunken driving and a local warrant on Idaho Maryland Road under the freeway.
• At 10:24 a.m., a man called from the 300 block of Church Street to report two dogs were running the streets, coming to his house and eating all his cat food. The caller said he had made several calls to Grass Valley Animal Control and nothing had been done. Grass Valley Animal Control was advised.
• At 11:33 a.m., a woman called from the 300 block of Bennett Street to report a man in a black Dodge Durango was filming her apartment on Ophir Street and she was very uncomfortable. Police made contact with the 49-year-old man, who was a private investigator filming another street nearby.
• At 4:51 p.m., a caller from a Nevada Street parking lot reported an old white bus with a multi-colored flag on the antenna had been parked there all week and there were dogs inside barking.
• At 9:19 p.m., a caller from the 15000 block of Little Valley Road reported her vehicle was stolen by her runaway 17-year-old son, who might be carrying a 38 caliber revolver.
• At 12:03 a.m., law enforcement was notified of an Amber Alert. A child was abducted from Santa Ana by her mother who may have been en route to Mexico.
• At 8:15 a.m., a caller from a school on the 16000 block of Old Mill Road reported vandalism over the weekend and a detonated molatov cocktail was found.
• At 1:48 p.m., a caller from the 500 block of Searls Avenue reported the theft of $1,000 in tires.
• At 5:37 p.m., a woman called from the 500 block of Zion Street to report a person kept her against her will on Feb. 14 for four hours. She said the person kept grabbing her wrists.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Grass Valley and Nevada County make The Union’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User