• At 9:05 a.m., a caller from the 200 block of Lloyd Street reported a man was breaking into a residence possibly to get his belongings. Police arrested the 44-year-old man for trespassing with forced entry.
• At 4:54 p.m., a caller from the 1400 block of East Main Street reported a traffic accident involving a Ford pickup with trailer and a Volvo.
• At 4:56 p.m., a caller from the 500 block of Sutton Way reported a reckless driver in a white Camaro.
• At 4:57 p.m., a caller from East Main Street in front of the station house reported a traffic accident involving three vehicles.
• At 5 p.m., a caller from East Main Street north of Dorsey Street reported a solo vehicle blocking the roadway.
• At 5:04 p.m., a caller from Sierra College at Litton Trail reported a noninjury involving grey 1999 Nissan Sentra.
• At 5:16 p.m., a caller from Colfax Highway and Race Street reported treacherous driving conditions and requested that the road be sanded.
• At 5:17 p.m., a caller from Sierra College at East Main Street reported a noninjury accident with a vehicle blocking the roadway.
• At 5:17 p.m., a caller from Chapel Street at Church Street reported a noninjury accident involving a Volvo.
• At 5:22 p.m., a caller from East Main at Hughes reported a noninjury accident.
• At 5:36 p.m., a caller from Freeman Lane reported traffic was at a standstill.
• 5:43 p.m., a caller reported a noninjury accident at Empire Mine at Empire Mine Cross.
• At 6:04 p.m., a caller reported a noninjury single vehicle at Mill Street and Chapel Street.
• At 8:10 p.m., police arrested a 46-year-old man on the 300 block of Mill Street for being drunk in public and resisting a peace officer after he was reported to be yelling in traffic.
• At 8:34 p.m., a caller from the 400 block of French Street reported juveniles were throwing snowballs and rocks at passing cars.
• At 1:10 a.m., public works advised Idaho Maryland between Brunswick Road and Sutton Way would be closed due to ice.
• At 9:54 a.m., a caller from Sierra College and Morgan Ranch Road reported an icy intersection was a traffic hazard. Grass Valley Public Works handled the call.
• At 9:52 a.m., a woman from the 11000 block of Nevada City Highway reported a man grabbed her daughter at her daughter’s workplace and said “I want you to be my girlfriend.” The man loiters at the location for up to five hours at a time and harasses customers. The caller was advised of the restraining order process.
• At 4:08 p.m., a caller from the 11000 block of North Bloomfield Road reported an accident involving two vehicles.
• At 4:23 p.m., a caller from northbound Highway 49 near Brunswick Road reported a multiple vehicle accident with a vehicle rollover. California Highway Patrol handled the call.
• At 4:30 p.m., a caller from Highway 49 past the Willo Restaurant reported a noninjury accident with a vehicle on the side of the road.
• At 11:24 a.m., a caller from the 11000 block of Francis Drive wanted to file a complaint against a tree cutting crew. Deputies made contact and an employee was admonished for improper behavior.
• At 6:08 p.m., a caller from the 300 block of Spring Street reported a handgun was stolen from a vehicle.
• At 11:54 a.m., a caller from Spring Street reported a possible theft of a pistol, magazines and ammunition from the trunk of a vehicle.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Grass Valley and Nevada County make The Union’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User