Police blotter 10/31/07
Grass Valley Police Department
• 9:37 a.m. – A caller from Idaho Maryland Road at Sutton Way reported locating a stolen vehicle. The keys were in the ignition. The caller said two girls and one boy exited the vehicle earlier in the day. One girl had brown hair and was wearing a red hooded sweatshirt. The boy had longer curly hair. Police took a report, and the owner picked up the vehicle.
• 9:58 a.m. – A caller from a store on the 100 block of West McKnight Way reported a short blonde woman in a fast food restaurant uniform stole two bottles of rum. She left in a Ford Focus. Police contacted the 23-year-old woman and cited her on suspicion of shoplifting. Police returned the rum to the store.
• 2:25 p.m. – A caller from a school on the 100 block of Park Avenue found ammunition in the boys’ restroom. Police took a report.
• 2:10 a.m. – An officer contacted a 23-year-old man in a parking lot on Idaho-Maryland Road and advised him of the city’s camping ordinance. He would be moving on.
• 2:31 a.m. – A woman called from the 300 block of Pleasant Street to report someone threw pumpkins at her home. A patrol officer was advised.
Nevada County Sheriff’s Office
• 11:20 a.m. – A caller from the 10000 block of Owl Road reported a man in a black vehicle pulled into a driveway and knocked on a front door. He looked around the property, got into his vehicle and drove up the road. The man was about 25 years old, with blond hair and a medium build. A deputy contacted the caller and located the man at a market. The man said he was looking at a car for sale in a driveway. The deputy searched his car and found nothing illegal.
• 2:11 p.m. – A caller from Brunswick Road at Pine Peak Road reported an explosive device was near mailboxes. A deputy determined the device was a legal firework.
• 2:24 p.m. – A caller from a bar on the 29000 block of Highway 49 in North San Juan reported a man was headbutted by another man in the pool room. The victim was bleeding from the nostrils, but he did not want medical attention and he did not want to make a report. Deputies checked the area and were unable to locate the suspect or any witnesses.
• 3:07 p.m. – A woman called from the 13000 block of Capitol Drive to report people from a meat company tried to sell her meat. She felt it was suspicious. She requested a log entry.
• 3:13 p.m. – A caller from the 17000 block of Dog Bar Road reported hearing a neighbor screaming about a possible accident. A large truck was in an embankment. The caller said a drunken woman was asking a neighbor to hide her alcohol for her. The CHP responded.
• 4:36 p.m. – A woman called from the 12000 block of Alta Sierra Drive to report someone put green goop on her house the night before.
• 8:57 p.m. – A caller from the 15000 block of Skaith Bend Road reported someone threw a rock through the caller’s front door. A deputy took a report for vandalism.
• 9:42 a.m. – A caller from Lime Kiln Road at McCourtney Road reported a truck crashed into a power pole. The CHP arrived, and no truck was at the scene. The pole was slightly damaged.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Grass Valley and Nevada County make The Union’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User