Police Blotter 10/3/07
Grass Valley Police Department
• A woman called from the 300 block of Sutton Way to report her locked car was stolen from her apartment complex parking lot Sunday between 7:35 a.m. and 12:45 p.m. Police took a report.
• 9:42 a.m. – A caller from the 2000 block of Nevada City Highway requested an officer respond in regard to an illegally taped phone conversation. Police contacted the caller and took a report for eavesdropping on or recording confidential communications.
• 1:49 p.m. – Police recovered a stolen 2002 Honda Quad Runner on the 100 block of Saint John’s Drive.
• 4:39 p.m. – Police arrested a 19-year-old man on the 700 block of Doris Drive on suspicion of stealing a vehicle, related to the recovery of a Honda Quad Runner.
• 6:43 p.m. – A woman called from the 100 block of West Berryhill Drive to report she was being stalked by the maintenance man. Police determined the report was unfounded and notified the property manager. The woman called back to say she wanted extra police patrol in the area. An officer was advised.
• 9 p.m. – a woman called from the 100 block of Huntington Court to report she thinks her 19-year-old daughter might be involved in a cult. A Woodland police officer said the daughter is safe and no one was holding her against her will. The officer confirmed that the woman is not a missing person.
• At 6:38 a.m., a caller from the 1000 block of Segesworth Way reported a fight between a mother and her adult son. Police contacted the people involved and determined the fight was verbal, not physical.
• 9:48 a.m. – A caller from a business on the 100 block of Main Street reported finding drugs in a first aid kit. An officer took a report.
• 10:35 a.m. – A person filed a report for medical marijuana stolen from the 11000 block of North Bloomfield Road, although the person did not want to pursue criminal charges.
• 1 p.m. – a woman called from a mobile home park on the 10000 block of School Street to report her neighbor uses profanity and the “N” word. The woman was also upset because the man talks to her and seems to be outside of his trailer whenever she is outside of her trailer. Deputies determined the man’s actions do not meet the criteria of stalking. A deputy contacted the man, who agreed not to talk to the woman and avoid her if he sees her near her trailer.
• 9:17 p.m. – A man called from the 16000 block of Autumn Oak Road to report a person had made threats to kill him. A deputy contacted the man.
• 11:01 p.m. – A caller from a business on the 29000 block of Highway 49 in North San Juan reported a tall man in his 50s was threatening patrons. The man refused to leave. The caller reported 40 minutes later the man appeared to be leaving.
• 1:52 a.m. – A deputy reported a person ran out of gas and pulled over on the side of Highway 49 at Rincon Way. When the deputy arrived on scene, the person was acting suspiciously and masturbating. The deputy requested a second patrol unit. The deputies admonished the driver. No arrest was made.
• 2:16 a.m. – A person flagged down a deputy on the 10000 block of Combie Road and reported possible damage to a drive-through window at a restaurant. The suspects were two men in a dark-colored Mercury Mountaineer. Deputies checked the area and took a report.
Nevada City Police Department
• 9:32 a.m. – a caller from a store on the 700 block of Zion Street reported an accident involving two vehicles. A tow truck responded.
• 6:30 p.m. – a caller from the 15000 block of Manzanita Diggins Drive reported a juvenile bike rider was injured. Paramedics were notified.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User