• At 10:16 a.m., a caller from Hughes Road and Rockwood Road reported a man with long hair wearing a safari hat was carrying a 10-inch knife. Police were unable to locate the man.
• At 10:20 a.m., a caller from the 100 block of South Auburn Street reported a vehicle ran into the side of the building. The building was not damaged, but the vehicle was. The driver was not drunk.
• At 1:07 p.m., police arrested a 37-year-old man on Brighton Street at Butler Street for being drunk in public.
• At 1:39 p.m., a caller from Empire Market reported a person driving a green minivan left the scene of an accident without providing information.
• At 2:23 p.m., police arrested a 25-year-old man for being under the influence of a controlled substance, an 18-year-old man for a local warrant and a 22-year-old man for a local warrant on the 100 block of Catherine Lane.
• At 8:15 p.m., a woman called from the 400 block of Brunswick Road to report a dog is tied to a van and could get run over or freeze to death because of cold weather. She made contact with the owner who would bring the dog in for the night.
• At 11:38 p.m., a woman called from the 300 block of Church Street to report someone was knocking on her door. Police checked the area and were unable to locate anyone at the woman’s front door.
• At 9:16 a.m., a caller from the 100 block of Lidster Avenue reported people were smoking marijuana. Police made contact with the smokers, who were rolling their own tobacco.
• At 9:48 a.m., a woman called from the 10000 block of Alta Street to report a man called again to make threats to burn down her house and kill her.
• At 7:22 p.m., a caller from the 10000 block of Conifer Lane reported a man just left her residence and there was a strong smell of gasoline in her front yard. She said the man had been “creeping around” her property for two or three weeks.
• At 6:29 a.m., a man called from the 10000 block of Sebastopol Road to report people were harassing him all night from Pleasant Valley Road. The caller agreed to take a nap and his medication because the voices stopped.
• At 8:02 a.m., a caller from the 11000 block of Ridge Road reported an unconscious male in the wrestling gym. An ambulance responded.
• At 10:39 a.m., a caller from the 200 block of Church Street reported a car was stolen. Deputies took a report.
• At 12:56 p.m., a chimney fire was reported on the 13000 block of Westhome Road. There was no damage to the structure. Firefighters found several bags of marijuana in the closet. The owner’s daughter has a doctor’s recommendation for the marijuana.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Grass Valley and Nevada County make The Union’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User