• At 9:45 a.m., a caller reported an accident between a Comcast cable truck vs. a green two-door car. Police took a report.
• At 10:17 a.m., a caller from the Highway 20 at McCourtney Road reported goats in the roadway. Grass Valley animal control was notified.
• At 10:21 a.m., a caller from the 1000 block of East Main Street reported a mailbox was destroyed by something or someone. Police took a report for vandalism.
• At 10:35 a.m., police arrested a 44-year-old man for disturbing the peace and assault.
• At 12:29 p.m., a caller from a recreational vehicle dealer on the 1000 block of Dorsey Drive reported a transient had been sleeping in the motor homes. The man is known for trespassing. Police patrolled the area.
• At 1:30 p.m., a caller reported a passenger on a bus kept passing out. The bus drove to the emergency room.
• At 2:15 p.m., a caller from a convalescent home on the 300 block of Joerschke Drive reported several vehicles were hit by paint balls. There was no damage and the paint was cleaned up.
• At 5:30 p.m., police assisted a person locked out of a red Toyota Tacoma on the 200 block of North Auburn Street.
• At 8:47 p.m., a caller from a restaurant on the 200 block of East Main Street reported a woman with two children “dined and dashed.” Police were unable to locate them.
• At 7:21 a.m., a man called from the 600 block of Leduc Street to report two people were sitting on the sidewalk watching people, and the caller was afraid for his property.
• At 6:56 p.m., a caller from Blue Jay Hill road reported hearing a woman’s scream in the area five times in the last minute. Deputies were unable to locate the source of the screams, and all was quiet.
• At 8:33 p.m., a caller from the 10000 block of Voyaguer Way to report a dispute over an easement road. A neighbor dropped 15 large boulders in the road to block it. The neighbors took pictures of the caller as the caller tried to remove the boulders.
• At 5:30 p.m., a caller from the 400 block of Sacramento Street reported a hit and run. A red Dodge Durango was hit by a female driver, who drove away. Deputies made contact with the victim who did not want to press charges and just wanted a log entry.
• At 11:30 p.m., a man called from the 400 block of Spring Street to report his urine was blue and his heart was racing. He believed it was a bad reaction to prescription drugs. An ambulance responded.
• At 1:45 a.m., deputies arrested a 32-year-old person employed as a dishwasher on Highway 49 at Broad Street for being drunk in public.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Grass Valley and Nevada County make The Union’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User