Police blotter 10/27/07
Nevada City Police Department
• 1:31 p.m. – A caller from Seven Hills School reported a juvenile had been brought to the office for possessing marijuana.
Grass Valley Police Department
• 8:38 a.m. – An officer discovered a man in the brush on Glenbrook Drive and cited him for misdemeanor marijuana possession.
• 9:56 a.m. – A caller from the 1200 block of East Main Street reported possible fraud regarding an insurance purchase.
• 10 a.m. – A caller from a business on the 100 block of West McKnight Street reported a person was scaring customers. Officers contacted the man and told him to move along.
• 10:24 a.m. – A woman reported the theft of her purse while she was shopping at a Freeman Lane business. She lost her keys, credit cards and $35.
• 1:03 p.m. – A caller from the 500 block of Whiting Street reported an identity theft. The case was taken with more information pending from the Sacramento and Elk Grove police departments.
• 7:17 p.m. – A caller reported her purse was stolen while she was shopping in a business on the 800 block of Sutton Way. The caller later discovered her purse in a trash can near a men’s room at the business.
• 2 p.m. – A caller reported three men were drinking alcohol out of a brown paper bag in Dow Alexander Park.
• 10:13 a.m. – A caller from the 11700 block of Creekview Drive reported a flag theft.
• 11:35 a.m. – A caller from the 11000 block of Lakeshore North reported a broken propane line in the area.
• 1:42 p.m. – A person from the 14800 block of Stinson Drive reported an infant caught in some crib slats. Responding emergency medical crews found the child was fine upon arrival.
• 2:23 p.m. – A man from the 10000 block of San Francisco Street reported three motorcyclists were tearing up his land and property.
• 3:35 p.m. – A woman from the 10900 block of Ball Road reported her brother had assaulted her and left the residence.
• 4:37 p.m. – A woman from the 21400 block of Oak Grove Court said someone had stolen her firewood and she suspected her ex-husband, who had been given permission to take half of the wood in their divorce settlement. The ex-husband was contacted and said he was not the thief.
• 5:07 p.m. – A Valley View Road caller said she was bitten by a neighborhood dog and the owners refuse to restrain the pooch.
• 5:10 p.m. – A caller from the 19000 block of Connie Drive reported that some juveniles built a tree house on her property without her consent.
• 5:18 p.m. – A caller from the 15700 block of Brewer Road reported fraudulent use of a credit card.
• 7:41 p.m. – A man called from the 11700 block of Penn Valley Drive to say he heard gunshots in the area and saw a male running around near several nearby stores and businesses.
• 12:38 p.m. – A caller from the 10900 block of Darlene Court reported a fight at her home in which a man choked her and she hit him back. The caller had left the residence for the evening when deputies arrived.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Grass Valley and Nevada County make The Union’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User