• At 4:51 p.m., a woman called to report she was attacked by two pit bulls but she did not need any medical attention. Police made contact with all involved parties and informed Grass Valley Animal Control.
• At 5:07 p.m., a single-car accident involving a Honda Civic was reported on Highway 20.
• At 6:39 p.m., a woman called from the 100 block of Ophir Street to report she returned home to find a man with dark hair and beard sleeping on her couch. He left and the woman did not know what direction he was headed. Police arrested the 37-year-old man for trespassing and being drunk in public.
• At 6:43 p.m., a woman called from South Auburn Street to report a person ran a red light and hit her car. Police took a report.
• At 8:36 p.m., police arrested a 37-year-old woman assault and being drunk in public and a 33-year-old man for being drunk in public on the 100 block of Empire Street.
• At 4:30 p.m., a man called from the 10000 block of Joerschke Drive to report he went to a muffler shop and discovered his license plate had been put on a different car. He requested a log entry only.
• At 11:04 p.m., a caller from the 500 block of Packard Street reported her son was beating her. Police arrested the 41-year-old man for elder abuse, false imprisonment and battery of a cohabitant.
• At 7:28 a.m., police arrested a 31-year-old man for an outstanding local warrant.
• At 7:39 a.m., a man called to report his wife was extremely agitated. Police arrested the 47-year-old woman for assault, elder abuse, criminal threats and vandalism.
• At 10:06 a.m., a woman called from the 100 block of Ophir Street to report two people in the apartment complex are involved in drug activity and they vandalized her car. Police took a report for vandalism.
• At 11:48 a.m., a caller from the 13000 block of Dog Bar Road reported a neighbor’s burglary alarm had been going off for five minutes. Deputies responded. The alarm was set off by hummingbirds trapped in the garage in front of the motion detector.
• At 6:31 p.m., a man called from Briarwood Lane to report a man who broke into his house two and a half years ago returned to make amends after getting out of prison. The caller wanted a log entry only.
• At 6:35 p.m., a caller from the 13000 block of Lost Lake road reported an air compressor and two weed eaters were stolen.
• At 7:41 p.m., a woman called from the 17000 block of Greenhorn Road to report her husband punched her in the face. She went back to the house to pick up her kids and he was passed out and not taking care of them. The man was arrested for spousal abuse and false imprisonment.
• At 7:21 a.m., a man called form the 10000 block of West Drive to report a check was stolen and forged from his account.
• At 2:18 p.m., a woman called to report hearing a physical fight in the area. The victim of the fight called to report she was beat up by her son. Deputies took a report for assault.
• At 6:53 p.m., a drunk man called from the 10000 block of Cedar Song Road requesting to speak with someone who can tell him what’s going on with the world.
• At 5:02 a.m., a caller from Highway 49 near Combie Road reported a vehicle vs. deer accident.
• At 10:45 p.m., a woman called from the 10000 block of Alta Street reported a window to her home was broken and her prescription medications were taken.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Grass Valley and Nevada County make The Union’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User