Police blotter 10/23/07
Grass Valley Police Department
• 1:15 p.m. – A caller from a business on Nevada City Highway reported a man was being uncooperative. Police contacted the 20-year-old man and arrested him on an outstanding warrant.
• 1:46 p.m. – A caller from the 100 block of Clydesdale Court reported a man was passed out in front of a business. Police contacted a 52-year-old man, who works at the building and had been drinking.
• 2:41 p.m. – A woman called from the 300 block of Mill Street to report a gray Ford Expedition ran off the road into her father’s fence, then took off. Police responded, and a man got out of the vehicle and started running. Police caught up with the 36-year-old man on Dalton Street and arrested him on suspicion of violating probation, resisting arrest, driving with a suspended license and hit and run.
• 4:05 p.m. – A caller from the 600 block of Walsh Street reported a man had been drinking. He was in his vehicle revving the engine, and he may have been out of control. Police arrested the 33-year-old man on suspicion of violating probation.
• 6:47 p.m. – A caller from the 100 block of Catherine Lane reported a man was out of control. Police arrested the man on an out-of-town warrant and violating parole.
• 7:06 p.m. – A caller from a business on the 100 block of Neal Street reported a man with long brown hair and facial hair took Early Times whiskey. The man was caught on video. Police took a report for shoplifting.
• 9:47 p.m. – A caller from a business on the 100 block of Neal Street reported the same man who took whiskey returned to the store and stole more alcohol. He was last seen five minutes before the call. Police contacted a 31-year-old man and cited him on suspicion shoplifting and violating probation.
• 2:11 a.m. – A caller near a business on the 1000 block of East Main Street reported all the restaurant’s lights were on and the door was standing wide open, but no one was inside and something was blocking the drive-through. Police contacted an employee. No arrest was made.
Nevada County Sheriff’s Office
• 10:04 a.m. – A deputy cited a juvenile at a school on the 24000 block of Highway 49 on suspicion of assault and vandalism.
• 4:18 – A caller from the 16000 block of Norlene Way reported someone stole a lawn ornament from a yard two days before. A deputy contacted the caller.
• 5:42 p.m. – A caller from Lower Colfax Road at Mt. Olive Road reported a hit-and-run. The CHP responded and determined an assault had occurred. The CHP took a report.
• 5:44 p.m. – A man called from Pekolee Road to report his locked car was broken into. Someone gained access through the passenger window. A deputy took a report.
• 7:31 p.m. – A caller from the 18000 block of Buck Mountain Road reported a mailbox was vandalized with a sticky substance.
• 10:55 p.m. – A caller from the 10000 block of Hawke Lane reported a bear was at the back door of the home, looking through the window. The caller was afraid the bear would try to enter the house. Deputies checked the area and were unable to locate the bear. The resident was told not to leave pet food out at night to avoid attracting wild animals.
• 3:40 a.m. – A caller from Squirrel Creek Road reported hearing a car alarm in the area. Deputies contacted a driver who was given a 72-hour notice of camping on Bureau of Land Management land.
Nevada City Police Department
• 12:08 p.m. – A caller from the 900 block of Helling Way reported a man was screaming and fighting everyone. Police responded and the man was moving along.
• 12:57 p.m. – A caller from a business on the 200 block of Broad Street reported bed linens and towels had a lot of blood on them. Police determined there was no indication of foul play.
• 2:59 p.m. – a caller from a business on Commercial Street reported a man with a beard was yelling. Police told the man to leave the downtown area.
• 3:14 p.m. – A caller the 400 block of Winter Street reported a man with a beard was yelling outside. Police arrived and the man voluntarily complied when they told him to leave.
• 12:15 a.m. – A caller from a business on the 300 block of Sacramento Street reported a woman had a gash on her head and was asking about shelters. Police arrested the woman on a Sacramento County warrant. She was released from jail after jail staff advised her of her court date in Sacramento County.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User