Police Blotter 10/20/07
Grass Valley Police Department
• 9:35 a.m. – A woman called from the 100 block of Ophir Street to report her granddaughters refused to give her videotapes back. Police would follow up.
• 10:39 a.m. – A caller from Idaho-Maryland Road reported a gold Saturn hit a white sedan with two men aboard. One man possibly was holding a gun, and one car was trying to get away from the other car. Police determined who may have been involved and told the caller to fill out a report at the CHP office.
• 8:03 p.m. – A caller from the 300 block of Dorsey Drive reported a hit deer was becoming a road hazard. It had been hit three times, then died. The deer was moved to the bottom of Comstock Court. Animal Control would remove the deer.
• 8:53 p.m. – Police stopped a vehicle on South Auburn Street and arrested a 33-year-old man on suspicion of drunken driving.
• 11:43 p.m. – Police stopped a vehicle on the 100 block of Neal Street and arrested a 28-year-old man on suspicion of drunken driving, driving with a suspended license and violating probation.
• 3:32 a.m. – A woman from the 500 block of Whiting Street reported her wallet was stolen from her apartment. Police took a report.
• 3:36 a.m. – An officer took a report at a business for a found ukulele and mandolin.
• 8:56 a.m. – A woman from the 12000 block of Valley View Road reported her son just moved to the area and left a message for her to call him, but she had not been able to reach him for two days. A deputy called the son and he said he was just fine. He would call his mom.
• 10:16 a.m. – A man from the Champion Mine Road area reported hearing gunfire and very loud blasts. The caller said the sound stopped, and he would call back if it started again.
• 6:08 p.m. – A man from the 10000 block of Palm Court reported he shot the neighbor’s dog with a BB gun because it was attacking his chickens. The man said the dog was whining, but he was unwilling to notify the neighbors of the situation. A deputy responded. The gate was locked, so the deputy left a card.
• 9:24 p.m. – A caller from the 11000 block of Lower Colfax reported an animal was “screaming” every two seconds. The sound stopped, then started up again.
• 10:33 p.m. – A caller from the 12000 block of Slate Creek Road reported multiple vehicles with multiple men who were acting oddly. The caller thought the men may have been trying to steal firewood. A deputy responded, and the incident appeared to be a traffic collision.
• 1:36 a.m. – A caller reported a large party at a residence at Highway 174 and Somerset Drive. Underage drinking reportedly was involved. The caller wanted to remain anonymous. The caller was not at the party but read about it on MySpace.
• 9:44 a.m. – A caller reported a noninjury or possibly minor injury accident on Wolf Road at Hawkeye Lane involving a red Honda and a Ford Expedition. The CHP and a tow truck responded.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Grass Valley and Nevada County make The Union’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User