• At 9:08 a.m., a caller from the 600 block of Butler Street reported water was gushing from the far end of Dee Mautino Park. Grass Valley Public Works reported the sprinkler system was vandalized. Police wrote a report for vandalism.
• At 11:13 a.m., a caller from the 300 block of Bennett Street reported a dog had been left inside a parked black Jeep overnight, and its food and water dishes were empty.
• At 12:42 p.m., a caller from the 100 block of West Main Street reported a topiary was stolen from in front of a business some time overnight.
• At 1:04 p.m., a caller from the 1400 block of East Main Street reported a verbal argument between a man and a woman. The man was kicking a car and attempting to get inside. The woman drove off and the man went inside the residence. Police contacted the people involved, who said they were brother and sister. The fight was not physical.
• At 3:14 p.m., a caller from the 100 block of Boundy Court reported a gold Volvo was stolen. Police notified all area law enforcement to be on the lookout for the stolen car.
• At 4:25 p.m., a caller from the 200 block of Sutton Way reported the theft of a plum colored Plymouth Voyager. Police recovered the car and arrested a 24-year-old man for vehicle theft.
• At 1:08 a.m., police stopped a vehicle on East Main Street and Idaho-Maryland Road, which resulted in the arrests of a 35-year-old man for unlawfully carrying a weapon, a 29-year-old woman for drunken driving and a 40-year-old man for a warrant.
• At 9 a.m., a caller from the 200 block of South School Street reported the theft of solar lights and a broken bird bath. The caller requested extra patrol in the evening hours.
• At 11:55 a.m., a caller from Colfax Highway reported a juvenile male behind a maintenance shed was wearing baggy pants and looked like he needed to shave. Police were unable to locate the juvenile.
• At 2:08 a.m., deputies arrested a 46-year-old Nevada City man after a foot pursuit from Dave’s Auto Repair to the back of Hospice Gift and Thrift for disorderly conduct and resisting a peace officer.
• At 10:29 a.m., a caller from Auburn Road reported someone has neglected cows on a property and one cow is dead. Animal Control attempted to contact the property owner, who was not home. A veterinarian was advised of the dead cow.
• At 1:38 p.m., a man at the 20000 block of Chaparral Circle reported being bitten on both arms by a dog. Animal Control took the dog into custody.
• At 6:34 a.m., a caller from the 17000 block of Penn Valley Drive reported a possible physical fight at a bar. There was no fight. Patrons were watching the Super Bowl and yelling.
• At 8:28 p.m., a woman called from the 29000 block of Highway 49 to report someone beat her up. Deputies took a report for battery against a spouse or cohabitant.
• At 8:49 p.m., a woman called from the 13000 block of Red Dog Road to report her husband assaulted her. A deputy took a report for spousal abuse.
• At 9:32 a.m., deputies arrested a 40-year-old Grass Valley man on the 20000 block of Clydesdale Road for possession of a controlled substance.
• At 10:11 a.m., a caller from the 15000 block of Banner Quaker Hill Road reported a woman was threatening to burn down the house, harm herself and blame the caller’s grandson. The caller did not want contact with a deputy, just a sheriff’s log entry.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User