Police blotter 10/19/07
• 9:48 a.m. – A man called from the Brighton Street overpass saying unknown people threw a rock at his windshield.
• 9:49 a.m. – A man from the 1000 block of Idaho-Maryland Road called to report there was a lot of toilet paper and feces around a parked car with no front grill. He said people may be cooking meth in the vehicle. Police contacted a man who said he was homeless and living out of the vehicle. Police told him he could not camp within city limits.
• 1:38 p.m. – A woman in the police station lobby reported a lost purse. A dispatcher called the woman’s cell phone number and a man answered. He said he saw the woman drop the purse and another man picked it up and started going through it. The man said he took the purse from the other man and he still had it. The man said he would give the purse to an officer, but he would not give any more information. Police contacted the man, and the purse was returned to the woman.
• 5:09 p.m. – A caller from a business on the 100 block of Mill Street reported at least 15 youths appeared ready to start a fight.
• 10:53 p.m. – A caller from the 100 block of Race Street reported a residential theft. Police took a report.
• 1:57 a.m. – Police stopped a vehicle on Mill Street at Highway 20 and arrested a 48-year-old man on suspicion of possessing a controlled substance and possessing drug paraphernalia.
• 12:09 p.m. – A woman called from the 11000 block of Lower Colfax Road to report a UPS truck came to her house, and she felt it was suspicious. She was “frantic and afraid for her life.” She said a bomb had been dropped off at her house. A deputy transported the woman to a mental health facility, and she went voluntarily.
• 2:55 p.m. – A man in the sheriff’s office lobby reported his daughter in Los Angeles was missing. The man has spoken with his daughter, and he did not want her to live in Los Angeles. This did not meet the criteria for a missing person.
• 3:09 p.m. – A man from the 11000 block of Ridge Road reported five juveniles were waiting for him to leave so they could ride their skateboards on ramps they had been building.
• 8:42 p.m. – A caller from Highway 49 in North San Juan reported a man on a dirtbike was speeding up and down the highway. He did not have a license plate or lights on the bike. The man fled when the CHP arrived.
• 7:43 a.m. – A caller from the 800 block of Nevada Street reported a theft. An officer took a report.
– Robyn Moormeister
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Grass Valley and Nevada County make The Union’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User