• At 9:47 a.m. a caller from the 500 block of Sutton Way reported a possible identity theft. Police made contact with the caller and the call was transferred to the Los Angeles Police Department where the crime occurred.
• At 10:36 a.m. a caller from the 200 block of Lloyd Street requested assistance in a landlord-tenant dispute where the landlord had locked out the tenants and shut off the utilities. Police decided it was a civil matter.
• At 12:32 p.m. a caller from the 600 block of South Auburn Street reported a possible theft of gold some time last year.
• At 2:06 p.m. a caller from Bennett Street reported a hit and run involving a Dodge pickup and a silver four-door car. A woman just fled on foot on Richardson Street. Police took a report.
• At 9:22 p.m. police arrested a 27-year-old woman on local warrant and a 28-year-old woman on a Placer County warrant at East Main and Hughes streets. Child Protection Services took custody of two children.
• At 12:25 a.m. Nevada County Sheriff’s Office requested a police car assist with a possible burglary in progress at Dalton and North Church streets.
• At 2:23 a.m. a caller from the 100 block of Neal Street reported a man in a black leather jacket passed out between a grocery store and a restaurant. Police arrested the 23-year-old grocery clerk for possession of a controlled substance, possession of drug paraphernalia, being under the influence of a controlled substance and being drunk in public.
• At 9:24 a.m. a caller reported a resident was stuck in the elevator due to a possible power outage. The fire department handled the call.
• At 3:03 p.m., a caller from Nevada City Highway reported a man comes regularly to a business, acts strangely and leaves. Caller said the man claimed the building scared him and he was possibly taking unknown pills.
• At 3:42 p.m. deputies arrested a 44-year-old Nevada City electrician on the 10000 block of Pleasant Valley Road for possessing a weapon.
• At 4:42 p.m. a caller from Donaldine Drive reported a van with three men fitting the description of some robbers pulled into some brush. Deputies were unable to locate the van.
• At 10:22 a.m. a caller reported methadone was possibly stolen by movers last week.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User