Police blotter 10/16/07
Nevada County Sheriff’s Office
• 10:09 a.m. – A caller from a school on the 11000 block of Ridge Road reported doors had been vandalized. A deputy determined rocks had been thrown from a distance. The deputy took a report for vandalism.
• 10:54 a.m. – A woman called from the 13000 block of Howald Way to report her boyfriend was not letting her move her belongings and he threw a pen at her. A deputy contacted the woman.
• 11:46 a.m. – A woman called from the 17000 block of Cindy Lane to report a man was slapping his girlfriend. A deputy contacted the man and the woman. The woman said the man “woke up in a bad mood.” Deputies arrested the man on suspicion of battery.
• 1:39 p.m. – A caller from the 13000 block of Ridge Road reported someone broke into a home and keys were missing. The caller wanted a log entry.
• 2:17 p.m. – A woman called from the 12000 block of Magnolia Road to report a man was violating a restraining order, and she had locked herself in a bedroom with her daughter. The man broke a cable lock used to secure a gate at the bottom of the driveway. Deputies arrived and gave the man verbal notice of the restraining order. The man said he would not return.
• 7:01 p.m. – A man called from the 11000 block of Torrey Pines Drive to report someone shot at him in the Greenhorn Creek area three hours ago. The man wanted a log entry.
• 8:06 p.m. – The CHP responded to a vehicle accident on Highway 49 at Highway 20 and Uren Street. An officer took a report and a tow truck also responded.
• 8:38 p.m. – A caller from the 10000 block of Combie Road reported an iPod and cologne were stolen from an unlocked vehicle yesterday.
• 2:48 a.m. – Security guards found an open door on the 11000 block of Pleasant Valley Road and called the business owner.
• 11:48 a.m. – A caller from a business on the 100 block of Mill Street reported a tall man went into the store twice and asked the caller to hold his hand. He was asking very personal questions. Police contacted the tall man and did not arrest him. They also contacted the caller, who would call again if the man returned.
• 12:36 p.m. – A caller from the same business on the 100 block of Mill Street reported the back door of the store had been tampered with as though someone were trying to get in. Police took a report for attempted burglary.
• 6:36 p.m. – A caller from Freeman Lane and McKnight Way reported a man was crouching in the bushes and staring down at the caller’s daughter and friend. Police checked the area and were unable to locate the man.
• 8:03 p.m. – An officer responded to an accident on Bank Street and South Auburn Street involving a motorcycle. Police arrested a 47-year-old man on suspicion of drunken driving and violation of probation.
• 8:32 a.m. – A caller from a social service building on the 800 block of East Main Street dialed 911. Dispatchers determined the call was a misdial.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User