• A caller from the 500 block of Charlene Way reported at 3:58 p.m. the fraudulent use of the caller’s credit card. More than $5,000 in charges were reportedly made.
• At 4:32 p.m., a woman called from the 100 block of South Auburn Street requesting an officer talk to her young daughter about stealing.
• At 4:37 p.m., a caller reported two males ran out of a business without paying on the 200 block of W. Main Street.
• A caller reported at 4:43 p.m. that a 3-year-old girl was by herself on Neal Street at Church Street. Officers responded and found her parents in a residence on the 400 block of Neal Street.
• At 11:05 p.m., a caller reported someone had thrown soda and harassed the caller while at the movies and then tried to run the caller off the road at Empire Mine.
• At 11:42 p.m., a caller reported duct tape was across the roadway at Idaho Maryland Road and Sutton Way. Officers responded and the roadway was cleared.
• A woman reported at 7:33 a.m. that her home on Wendy Circle was egged the night before.
• At 4:20 p.m., a caller reported a man was locked in a restroom of a business and taking clothes off on the 600 block of Freeman Lane.
• A caller reported at 7:14 p.m. that someone was on a porch yelling “help” from a residence on Bank Street. Officers responded and learned the person was calling a cat that is named “Help.”
• At 2:13 a.m., a caller from the Lucky Bar reported someone had punched a window at a nearby business and then walked into the parking lot behind the Del Oro Theatre.
• At 7:40 p.m., a caller reported a man was sitting in a gold Blazer on the 10000 block of Combie Road. The caller said the man had a computer in the vehicle with a large antennae and it seemed suspicious.
• A caller reported at 11:54 p.m. two men fighting in a restaurant on the 12000 block of Nevada City Highway. Two minutes later at 11:56 p.m., a caller from the Flyers gas station reported that two men were fighting in the parking lot. The two incidents were merged together.
• A woman reported at 11:15 a.m. the theft of mail and money from the 10400 block of Robin Avenue. The woman also said someone has been tapping into her cell phone.
• At 12:40 p.m., a caller from Stinky Mulligan’s Sports Bar & Grill reported two men were stealing bottles and urinating at the back of the business on Combie Road.
• At 9:49 p.m., a woman called to report that her son had witnessed a fight between two people on Horton Street and that one individual had ripped some hair out of the head of the other individual. Deputies responded and learned the second individual has a condition wherein hair falls out easily and that no crime had occurred.
• At 2:14 a.m., a man reported his girlfriend was a victim of an attempted kidnapping on Pleasant Valley Road.
• A caller reported at 6:50 a.m. that a possible burglary was in progress on the 13000 block of Christopher Robin Way.
• At 9:49 p.m., a woman reported a transient was lying on her front porch requesting a blanket on the 400 block of Sacramento Street.
• At 10:46 p.m., a woman reported a dog had been abandoned on the 200 block of American Hill. The woman said she knows the dog’s owner and that she has been gone for three days now.
• At 2:27 a.m., a caller requested a welfare check on an employee who had not shown up for work. The caller said it was highly unusual. Officers responded to the employee’s home on the 700 block of Nevada Street and learned the employee had slept through the alarm and would be calling work shortly.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Grass Valley and Nevada County make The Union’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User