• At 3:05 p.m., a man called from the 700 block of South Auburn Street to report his motor home was repossessed and all of his belongings were taken by the repossession company. Police took a report for grand theft.
• At 4:14 p.m., police arrested a 23-year-old man in a parking lot on the 100 block of Neal Street for being drunk in public.
• At 5:11 p.m., police arrested a 53-year-old man on the 100 block of Neal Street for shoplifting.
• At 5:57 p.m., a caller from Memorial Lane at Colfax Highway reported a vehicle vs. bicycle accident. One person was taken to Sierra Nevada Memorial Hospital by ambulance. Police wrote a report.
• At 8:50 p.m., police arrested a 26-year-old man on Sutton Way in Brunswick Plaza for violation of probation.
• At 6:45 a.m., a woman living on the 100 block of South Auburn Street filed a claim against her husband for harassment. Police wrote a report for criminal threats and spousal abuse.
• At 8:49 a.m., a caller from the 800 block of East Main reported an assault just occurred. A man with long dirty hair had a large buck knife and was yelling at a man wearing a ski cap. Both men ran from the area. Police checked the area but were unable to locate the men.
• At 11:24 a.m., a caller from Taylorville Road reported a woman was sitting on the hood of a Camaro trying to prevent someone from taking the car. Police determined it was a civil issue.
• At 12:53 p.m., a woman called form the 13000 block of Sunshine Meadows Trail to report a furniture delivery man started a verbal argument with her and her husband. She called the furniture company and the man was fired for his conduct. She was concerned the man would go back to the residence for revenge.
• At 3:11 p.m., a caller from the 16000 block of Alexandra Way reported identity theft.
• At 4:25 p.m., a caller from the 11000 block of Ridge Road reported battery at the high school.
• At 4:39 p.m., a caller from a grocery store on the 12000 block of Nevada City Highway reported a person tried to steal a shopping cart full of items but left it in the parking lot. Deputies were unable to locate a suspect, but viewed a security tape. Deputies wrote a report for attempted grand theft.
• At 5:33 p.m., a caller from Relief Hill Road reported an assault in the town of Washington last week. A 38-year-old woman hit another woman with an ax handle. She was arrested for assault with a deadly weapon.
• At 8:13 p.m., a man called from the 16000 block of Angelina Way to report a bottle of fabric cleaner is missing. The caller’s mother also advised spoons went missing last year.
• At 9:55 a.m., a man reported spousal abuse at a bar on the 200 block of Broad Street.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Grass Valley and Nevada County make The Union’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User