• At 11:31 a.m., a man called from the 800 block of Old Tunnel Road to report he returned from the hospital to find his medication and money from his wallet were stolen. Police wrote a report for petty theft.
• At 2:06 p.m., a woman called to report she had locked herself out of her car and her 8-month-old son was inside. Police helped the woman get into her car.
• At 3:28 p.m., a woman called from the 400 block of Henderson Street reported her purse was stolen from Prosperity Lanes. Police wrote a report for petty theft.
• At 4:39 p.m., a caller from North School Street reported a dog was tied up and had been barking all day. The dog had become tangled. Police contacted a friend of the dog’s owner who would untie the dog.
• At 8:55 p.m., police arrested a 46-year-old woman for being drunk in public.
• At 7:40 a.m., a caller from the 600 block of Glenwood Road reported a man on a dirt bike was doing doughnuts and wheelies. Police were unable to locate the bike or the driver.
• At 8:38 a.m., a caller reported several young girls in a red car were smoking pot in a parking lot in the 700 block of Taylorville Road. Police checked the area and were unable to locate the girls.
• At 4:04 p.m., a caller from the 11000 block of Pleasant Valley Road reported a fight between two customers. Deputies arrived and arrested a 25-year-old Grass Valley woman for grand theft, violation of probation, possession of a controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia.
• At 6:25 p.m., deputies took a report for a possible assault on the 15000 block of Greenhorn Road.
• At 9 p.m., a woman called from the 13000 block of North Bloomfield Road to report she believes someone was prowling on her property. She said all her doors were locked and she had a loaded shotgun and an Akita dog with her. Deputies checked the area and were unable to locate a prowler.
• At 8:19 a.m., a man called from the 11000 block of Cement Hill Road to report people littered his property with toilet paper.
• At 9:13 a.m., a caller from the 16000 block of Meadow Way reported several people trespassed on the property during the night. The caller did not know if anything was missing, but requested extra patrol in the area at night.
• At 12:11 p.m., a woman called from the 16000 block of Cement Hill Road to report several carbon dioxide cartridges were found on her property and she wanted extra patrol in the area.
• At 1:55 a.m., a caller from South Pine Street reported a car backed into a woman’s leg and the woman was seeking treatment for injuries at the hospital emergency room. Deputies wrote a report for a vehicle vs. pedestrian accident.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Grass Valley and Nevada County make The Union’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User