• At 9:53 a.m., a caller from the 700 block of West Main Street reported a student threatened to stab a teacher in the back with a pencil. Police counseled the juvenile on the dangers of threats.
• At 10:22 a.m., a caller from the 300 block of North School Street reported the theft of a barbecue.
• At 4:01 p.m., a caller from the McKnight overpass said red traffic lights were flashing in all directions. Caltrans handled the call.
• At 4:14 p.m., a caller from Empire Shoes on the 500 block of Sutton Way reported a 40-year-old woman with blonde hair stole a pair of black lace up boots. Police wrote a report for shoplifting.
• At 4:49 p.m., a caller from East Main Street reported an older white truck with a green and gold logo was using lights and sirens to get through traffic. Police checked the area and were unable to locate the truck.
• At 5:26 p.m., police arrested a 31-year-old man for violation of a domestic restraining order on the 200 block of Sutton Way after he reportedly kicked a door in.
• At 5:54 p.m., a caller from Condon Park reported juveniles were cutting down trees and creating a disturbance.
• At 7:55 p.m., police arrested a 52-year-old man on the 100 block of East McKnight Way for peeking into an inhabited building and theft.
• At 8:39 p.m., police arrested a 42-year-old man on Empire Street for possession of a controlled substance, driving under the influence of a controlled substance, destroying evidence and bringing drugs into jail.
• At 9:38 p.m., police arrested a 35-year-old woman in the Safeway parking lot for possession of a controlled substance, driving with a suspended license and drunken driving.
• At 11:02 p.m., police arrested a 35-year-old man at Circle K for trespassing.
• At 12:53 p.m., a caller from the 19000 block of McCourtney Road reported theft of mail from a mailbox.
• At 1:55 p.m., deputies arrested a 50-year-old man on Dickson Road near Squirrel Creek Road for possession of drug paraphernalia and parole violation. They also arrested a 41-year-old woman for possession of a controlled substance and being under the influence of a controlled substance.
• At 2:19 p.m., a caller reported a vehicle rollover accident on McCourtney Road involving an animal. CHP and Animal Control responded.
• At 2:06 a.m., a caller from the 11000 block of Tammy Way reported a person was looking into mailboxes with a blue light.
• At 1:30 p.m., a caller form the 800 block of Gold Flat road reported a strange smell.
• At 5:16 p.m., a caller from Broad Street near the Nevada Theater reported an intoxicated woman was walking toward the freeway, walking from pole to pole to hold herself up. Police were unable to locate the woman.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Grass Valley and Nevada County make The Union’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User