Police blotter 10/02/07
Grass Valley Police Department
– 9:50 a.m. ” A caller reported a reckless driver in a Nissan Frontier on Highway 49 headed north from Alta Sierra. Police parked at the Bennett Street onramp but were unable to locate the Nissan.
– 10:20 a.m. ” A caller from the 500 block of Blight Road reported a man with a restraining order against him was there and unwanted. Police contacted the caller, took a report and cited the 45-year-old man on suspicion of violating a restraining order.
– 3:33 p.m. ” A woman from the 12000 block of Nevada City Highway reported a man in his 20s approached a Ford Taurus in the middle of the road and assaulted a person inside. Police checked the area extensively but were unable to locate the Taurus.
– 5:01 p.m. ” Police cited a 21-year-old man at Elizabeth Daniels park on suspicion of possessing less than an ounce of marijuana.
– 11:02 p.m. ” Two callers reported a physical fight between a mother and her son on the 300 block of Sutton Way. No arrest was made.
– 1:31 a.m. ” A caller from a business on Freeman Lane reported a blue Ford Ranger pickup had two license plates. Police recovered the vehicle, which was reported stolen in Reno, Nev. The truck was towed.
– 3:08 p.m. ” A caller from the 11000 block of Millpond Lane reported a girl ran away. Deputies were advised to be on the lookout for her. She has pink braces.
– 3:21 p.m. ” A caller from the 12000 block of Bradford Drive reported a burglary. A deputy took a report.
– 6:43 p.m. ” A caller from a golf course on the 12000 block of Auburn Road reported vandalism. A deputy would call back when someone is at the course and can show a golf cart to him.
– 10:24 p.m. ” A caller reported a boy ran away. He was last seen in Los Angeles and was possibly on his way to Grass Valley.
– 11:47 p.m. ” A caller reported a girl was missing. She was last seen at a restaurant in Auburn and was supposed to go to a friend’s house afterward, but that friend had not seen or heard from the girl.
– 12:01 a.m. ” A caller reported a man was missing. He was last heard from on his cell phone on Sept. 29. He did not show up for an appointment later that night in a cafe at a grocery store in Grass Valley. He was last known to drive a 1995 dark green Toyota Camry. He has a tattoo of a fish on each forearm.
– 5:52 a.m. ” A juvenile from the 15000 block of Cascade Drive reported three men were on the roof, then moved to the backyard. A deputy determined the report was unfounded, and the juvenile had been hallucinating.
” Robyn Moormeister
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Grass Valley and Nevada County make The Union’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User