Police blotter 03/31/07
• A 3:22 p.m. caller from the 16700 block of Scott Way reported an Internet fraud.
• A 3:39 p.m. caller from the 10800 block of Raintree Lane reported their weekend home had been burglarized within the last week.
• A 4:20 p.m. caller from the 13600 block of Karry’s Place reported a burglary to their vacation residence.
• At 6:29 p.m., a 23-year-old from Grass Valley was booked at the Wayne Brown Correctional Facility and released for assault with a deadly weapon.
• A 7:13 p.m. caller from the 14500 block of Boquest Drive reported their home had been burglarized.
• An 8:19 p.m. caller from the 14600 block of Nutmeg Court reported someone had broken into their home and may have taken a shower.
• An 8:49 p.m. caller from the 14100 block of Manion Canyon Road reported a burglary at their residence and asked for extra patrol in the area.
• An 8:50 p.m. caller from the 26000 block of Highway 49 said they could hear the he sound of loud drums and firearms being shot in the neighborhood.
• A 9:29 a.m. caller from the 500 block of Crown Point Circle said a subject had called an employee and left a disturbing message.
• A 4:41 p.m. caller sitting in the 300 block of Sacramento Street said a man had followed her in a blue Toyota all the way from Oroville. The man was gone when police arrived.
• A 4:57 a.m. caller reported a possible burglary in progress at a business in the 200 block of Broad Street. Police found a broken window and took a vandalism report.
• A 9:27 a.m. caller requested extra patrol around a construction zone on Idaho-Maryland Road because people were driving dangerously in the area and not obeying warning signs.
• A 5:03 p.m. caller at the Grass Valley Post Office reported a man drove by erratically, honking his horn and waving people out of the way while a female passenger had a towel to her face and was screaming. Officers located the driver and woman at Sierra Nevada Memorial Hospital where she was being attended to in the emergency room. No criminal issues were discovered.
• An 8:50 p.m. caller from the 500 block of Sutton Way reported a break-in at their home.
• A 9:38 p.m. caller from the 100 block of Valley View reported a verbal fight in a nearby home with a subject hitting his head against the wall.
• A 2:03 a.m. caller from the 100 block of Cornish Court reported their house had been toilet papered.
• A 2:34 a.m. caller from Manor Drive reported a person in a black jacket and black pants sitting on her front porch yelling. The man walked away before officers arrived.
• An 8:36 a.m. caller said the traffic light at East Main Street and Dorsey Drive was out of synch and only allowing one vehicle through at a time before it changed again.
• A 10:42 a.m. caller from a business on McKnight Way reported a young man huffing paint on the curb. The man was arrested and booked at the Wayne Brown Correctional Facility for possessing an illegal chemical.
Editor’s note: There are more burglaries than usual in today’s blotter, but Undersheriff John Trauner said they are not related.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Grass Valley and Nevada County make The Union’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User