Police blotter 03/17/07
• At 12:43 p.m., a caller reported a man wearing a turban was panhandling in a drugstore parking lot on the 1000 block of Sutton Way. Police contacted the man and advised him of a city ordinance.
• At 12:47 p.m., a caller from the 100 block of Olympia Park Road reported a transient camp behind some bushes. Police contacted a 42-year-old man and arrested him on suspicion of violation of probation.
• At 12:52 p.m., police contacted a man at a hotel on the 600 block of South Auburn Street and arrested him on suspicion of possession of stolen property, burglary and attempted battery.
• At 1:37 p.m., a woman called from the 300 block of Railroad Avenue to report semi-trucks were in her lot and she wanted them removed. Police contacted everyone involved and the vehicles were to be moved. A man called to report a “hostage situation.” Police determined his car was blocked in, and he was not a hostage. He was counseled on the proper use of 911.
• At 2:55 p.m., a man called from the roundabout on Sierra College drive to report a white minivan stopped in front of him and he fell over on his bike. Police contacted the man, and determined there was no injury. He did not need medical attention.
• At 4:19 p.m., a caller from the 200 block of Joerschke Drive reported a 50-year-old man wearing a black leather baseball cap had an open beer can. Police arrested the man on suspicion of public drunkenness.
• At 4:49 p.m., a caller from a restaurant on the 100 block of Neal Street reported a group of people were loitering on stairs that led to a grocery store parking lot. Police checked the area and all was fine.
• At 8:24 p.m., a man called from East Bennett Street to report suspicious circumstances. A dark blue Chevrolet Tahoe showed up in his driveway and dropped off a girl who asked the caller to take her shopping. She said she was from Sacramento. She was with two young men who were quite a bit older than she was. They said they did not know who the girl was. When the caller said he wanted to contact the girl’s parents, all three got back into the car and headed toward downtown. Police checked the area extensively and were unable to locate the girl, the men or the vehicle.
• At 7:05 a.m., a woman called from a hotel on the 600 block of South Auburn Street to report a man threatened her son with physical harm as her son was leaving for school. The woman wanted an officer to respond.
• At 8:28 a.m., a man called from a hotel on the 600 block of South Auburn Street to report he was being harassed by police officers. He said officers should not return without a warrant. The man asked to talk to a sergeant, but hung up before he was connected.
• At 8:47 a.m., a caller from a hotel on the 600 block of South Auburn Street said he requested officers 20 minutes ago. A dispatcher transferred the call to an officer.
• At 1:37 p.m., a caller from Rattlesnake Road reported vandalism to a subdivision sign. It appeared to have been burned. A deputy took a report for vandalism.
• At 2:21 p.m., a caller from the 10000 block of Providence Mine Road reported theft of a generator and vandalism of a fence. A deputy took a report for vandalism and grand theft.
• At 3:02 p.m., a caller from the 11000 block of Ridge Road to report a man carrying a shotgun was headed toward Nevada City. Deputies checked the area and were unable to locate a man with a gun.
• At 7:02 p.m., a caller from the 13000 block of Wood Rose Way reported an unwanted person, then the line was disconnected. Deputies responded and arrested a man on suspicion of damaging a telephone line, assault and violation of a court order.
• At 8:36 p.m., a caller from Greenhorn Road reported a possible drunken driver. Officers arrested the driver on suspicion of drunken driving.
• At 9:03 a.m., a caller from the 25000 block of Table Meadow Road reported a snowmobile was stolen from a residence. The caller requested a log entry.
• At 11:21 a.m., a man called from the 100 block of Martin Street to report his ex-girlfriend had been letting the air out of his tires. They broke up last week. He requested a log entry.
• At 5:03 p.m., a woman called from the 300 block of Broad Street to report a man threw a rock through the window of her vehicle.
• At 8:40 p.m., a caller from Broad Street reported a tour bus was driving down the street with a sign flashing “emergency call 911” on the side. Police were unable to locate the bus.
• At 10:15 p.m., a caller from Juvenile Hall on the 1500 block of Highway 49 reported fire. Several juveniles in the building said they could smell smoke. The fire department had the fire controlled.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Grass Valley and Nevada County make The Union’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User