Police blotter 03/03/08
• 9:30 a.m. – A caller from downtown reported a man with no shoes yelling inappropriate things. Another caller reported the man was “doing cartwheels” in front of a business.
• 2:06 p.m. – A caller from the 300 block of Alta Street reported a 2-year-old running down the street in nothing but a diaper and with a pacifier.
• 2:43 p.m. – A caller from Highway 49 at South Auburn Street reported a disabled big rig in the slow lane.
• 3:14 p.m. – A caller from the 100 block of Arcadia Drive reported receiving a phone call from a a man who was threatening to take his life.
• 3:39 p.m. – A caller from the 600 block of East Main Street reported hearing a firecracker explode in a store and later discovered a bullet hole in the wall.
• 5:05 p.m. – A caller from the 700 block of East Main Street reported the use of fraudulent checks.
• 8:38 p.m. – A caller from East Main Street reported a possible drunken driver who was “all over the roadway, unable to maintain lanes.”
• 10:00 – A caller from the 12000 block of Francis Drive reported a runaway girl.
•11:03 p.m. – A caller from Chapel Street reported juveniles walking up the road with beer in their hands.
• 2:11 a.m. – A caller traveling on Highway 174 reported a taxi driver nearly hitting a vehicle traveling in the wrong lane of traffic.
• 8:31 a.m. – A caller from the 300 block of East Main Street reported people possibly living in a condemned house.
• 2:59 p.m. – A caller from East Main Street reported a tip had been added to her bill after she left a restaurant.
• 3:57 p.m. – A caller from the 100 block of Olympia Park Drive reported an odd gas and sulfur smell.
• 7:05 p.m. – The Grass Valley Police assisted the Nevada County Sheriff’s Office after shots were fired inside a residence where all the lights had been turned off. An extensive area check was made. The original person who made the report of the gun shots was unable to provide the exact location of the sounds.
• 7:48 p.m. – A 911 caller from Newtown Road reported a fire.
• 8:03 p.m. – A caller from the 300 block of East Main Street complained of harassment from “meth heads” living next door. The caller would not calm down at any point to provide further information, then disconnected the phone.
• 10:35 p.m. – A woman attempting to hitchhike called from East Main Street after a group of women followed and harassed her.
• 9:33 a.m. – A caller from the 14000 block of Serpentine Farm Lane asked for extra patrols after seeing trespassers on the property.
• 9:38 a.m. – A caller from the 100 block of Talking Pines Road reported a suspicious vehicle followed her home the night before.
• 12:16 p.m. – A 911 caller reported someone making threats and damaging a car with a shovel.
• 1:25 p.m. – A caller from the 800 block of Zion Street reported a party with marijuana and alcohol inside a trailer.
• 2:54 p.m. – A caller from Pleasant Valley Road reported an elderly man with his pants undone looking lost near the dumpster.
• 3:57 p.m. – A caller from the 10000 block of Combie Road reported a group of 20 juveniles skateboarding in the area and causing problems.
• 4:18 – A person made a report in the lobby of a stolen cell phone.
• 4:25 p.m. – A caller from the 100 block of Lower Grass Valley Road reported the theft of tool boxes and scrap metal.
• 4:45 p.m. – A caller from the 11000 block of Rocker Road reported a neighbor who threatened to shoot the caller’s dog.
• 5:53 p.m. – A caller from the 14000 block of Chisum Trail reported a neighbor threatened to plant oleanders along the fence and to poison the caller’s horses, if the caller didn’t move a pasture gate.
• 6:13 p.m. – A caller from the 14000 block of Woodland Loop reported a runaway juvenile.
• 7:56 p.m. – A caller from Allison Ranch Road reported seeing several unknown white lights in varying patterns in the sky over Grass Valley and Nevada City. The lights were later determined to be revolving spotlights.
• 9:45 p.m. – A caller from the 10000 block of Spenceville Road reported a group of teenagers trying to get into a classroom window.
• 11:03 p.m. – A caller from the 12000 block of Francis Drive reported a runaway daughter.
• 2:10 a.m. – A caller from the 17000 block of Misty Dawn Lane reported hearing shots and a loud motorcycle.
• 8:27 a.m. – A caller from the 200 block of Coyote Street reported three suspicious subjects getting into delivery trucks who did not appear to work for the post office.
• 9:27 am. – A woman from the 10000 block of Mountain Lion Lane reported a broken window in the garage, and now her landlord’s vehicle is missing. The caller stated she had been having problems with her landlord and didn’t know if the landlord broke the window and took the car.
• 10:20 a.m. – A caller from Brewer Road reported juveniles on skateboards setting off bricks of firecrackers in the middle of the roadway.
• 10:23 a.m. – A caller from the 17000 block of Penn Valley Drive reported receiving a counterfeit $20 bill the day before.
• 11:34 a.m. – A caller from Squirrel Creek Over Pass reported juveniles throwing rocks over the overpass onto the highway.
• 12:05 p.m. – A caller from the 300 block of 100 Main Street reported water gushing out of a manhole.
• 1 p.m. – A caller from the 10000 block of Broken Oak Court reported someone had vandalized an apartment with paint balls, eggs and feces and painted a door.
– Laura Brown
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Grass Valley and Nevada County make The Union’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User