Northern Mines Art Show returns to The Center
Artists from all over Northern California will converge in Grass Valley to display their works at the Pioneer Art’s 27th annual Northern Mines Art Exhibit, Oct. 19 through Nov. 14.
These art works are some of the best displayed at The Center for the Arts this year as it is our only show in which artists must be selected to enter by a jury of their peers.
A reception on Oct. 24 will announce the winners and award ribbons and cash prizes. This year’s show will be made extra spectacular by the addition of some outstanding raffle items. Each year items are raffled at the artists’ reception to supplement funds needed to run the show. This year we have secured some of the best.
The 2010 Northern Mines raffle will include eight fabulous items. As a great start, we have four items that fill the needs of the artistic soul.
1. A two-day painting class with award-winning artist, David Mooney
2. A private three-hour watercolor session with internationally known watercolorist Mim Meakin
3. A special photo session with Dreamspinners Photography in Grass Valley that is valued at $125
4. 500 full color business cards from Into Ink Printing with a photo reproduction on one side and contact information on the other.
The last four gourmet items in our Raffle Mania include private wine tastings with delicious hors d’oeuvres for six to eight people. Each tasting will be held at the downtown tasting rooms of one of four of Grass Valley’s wineries and is paired with delicious hors d’oeuvres from a local restaurant.
5. Sierra Starr Vineyards and Cirino’s
6. Smith Vineyards and Sergio’s
7. GV Wine Company (Bent Metal, Pilot Peak, Montoliva, Solune) and Tofanelli’s
8. Lucchesi Vineyards and their own hors d’oeuvre package
Get your tickets early so you don’t miss the opportunity to win one of these special and unique prizes. Tickets are two for $5 and five for $10 and can be purchased at the opening reception on Oct. 24. They can also be purchased in advance by calling (530) 265-8405.
Don’t miss this great event. You need not be present to win.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Grass Valley and Nevada County make The Union’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User