None hurt in blaze in residence | TheUnion.com
YOUR AD HERE »

None hurt in blaze in residence

Soumitro Sen

A fire broke out at a residence on Table Meadow Road at about 6 a.m. Monday. The owner of the house contacted 911, according to Juan Hudson, fire captain at Station 21 in Higgins.

“Ninety percent of the home was saved,” Hudson said. ‘Where the fire started was in an unfinished basement and it rose up to one of the rooms. That’s why there was so much heat and smoke damage, because the fire rose upwards.”

There were six occupants in the house when the fire started – the owner, his wife, three children, and a dog. There were no injuries, Hudson said. However, an estimated damage of $40,000 happened to the house.

California Department of Forestry and Station 21 responded to the fire, Hudson said. Twelve firefighters took 20 minutes to douse the flames.

“We are still looking into the cause,” Hudson said. “It is under investigation at this time.”

ooo

To contact staff writer Soumitro Sen, e-mail at soumitros@theunion.com or call 477-4229.


Support Local Journalism


Support Local Journalism

Readers around Grass Valley and Nevada County make The Union’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.

Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.

Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.

For tax deductible donations, click here.
 

Connect with needs and opportunities from

Get immediate access to organizations and people in our area that need your help or can provide help during the Coronavirus crisis.


Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.

User Legend: iconModerator iconTrusted User