Nevada County unemployment rates continue to fall
May 21, 2018
Nevada County's April unemployment numbers were released last week by California's Employment Development Department. The report found unemployment rates continue to decrease, with 3.3 percent of county residents reportedly without jobs.
The number is down from March's rate of 3.7 percent.
The county's labor force was reported to consist of 48,110 individuals. Civilian labor force numbers include those who are self-employed, unpaid family workers, household domestic workers, and workers on strike.
California's unemployment rate was listed at 3.8 percent, down significantly from March's statistic of 4.2 percent.
The report noted that the employers with the most job ads in Nevada County were concentrated in the Tahoe/Truckee area: Vail Resorts, Ritz-Carlton, and Tahoe Truckee Unified School District.
Trending In: Local News
- All Thai’d up: After a year of preparation, Chandara Thai opens in Grass Valley
- North San Juan resident arrested in Nebraska pot bust takes plea
- Nevada County Fair board ousts CEO Rea Callender
- PG&E crews set up camp in Nevada County to eliminate wildfire threats
- Hospital merger meeting set for Monday in Grass Valley