Nevada County seeks manager for Volunteer Connection program
January 8, 2018
The Retired and Senior Volunteer Program of Nevada County (RSVP), a program of Agency on Aging/Area 4, stopped serving Nevada County effective Dec. 31.
According to a news release from Nevada County, the program connected more than 400 retired and senior Nevada County volunteers who dedicated nearly 60,000 volunteer hours with local non-profits, government and small business annually.
In an effort to keep this important resource in our community, Nevada County is looking to re-boot and expand this program to one that would serve all ages, and continue to serve a variety of local nonprofits and government agencies. Currently, county officials are seeking Letters of Interest from the community to manage this program.
For information, please see the Nevada County Purchasing Department bid postings page, or call Mike Dent, Director of Social Services, at 530-265-1410 or Tamaran Cook, Adult Services Program Manager, at 530-265-7160. LOIs are due by 5 p.m. Friday, Feb. 23.
Source: Nevada County
Trending In: Local News
- County rallies for Paradise fire victims
- Grass Valley residents gather to oppose Sessions firing
- Wildfire destroys most of California town of Paradise
- California firefighters union responds to Trump tweet threatening to withhold wildfire aid
- More wrangling delays sentencings in Nevada County pot caretaker murder case