Nevada County reopens Hideaway Park in Lake Wildwood after sewage spill
April 13, 2016
Nevada County officials say Hideaway Park in Lake Wildwood can reopen after a sewage spill last week.
Test results released Tuesday show the amount of fecal coliform below reportable levels. That led officials to reopen the park and all water activities for the Lake Wildwood community.
Over 1,300 gallons of sewage spilled on April 6 in the area, with some 1,000 gallons reaching the water's edge.
Initial tests showed excessive fecal coliform levels. A second test finalized Tuesday showed a decrease in those levels, leading to the park's reopening.
Trending In: Local News
- Online issue emerges in Nevada County sheriff’s race
- Business owner ends up homeless in Nevada County; Local benefactor offers matching donations
- Threats lead to discovery of gun, silencer in Nevada County arrest, authorities say
- Peaceful Valley Farm & Garden Supply owner dies
- Torture suspect Sean Bryant ordered held on $300,000 bond