Nevada County judges recuse themselves in threatening case
August 30, 2018
All Nevada County judges have recused themselves in the case of a man who authorities say threatened a local magistrate.
Nevada County Superior Court Judge Candace Heidelberger on Thursday ordered local authorities to take Johnathan Rodriguez, 20, to the El Dorado County Jail. He's scheduled to appear there Sept. 10 before a judge, who's expected to appoint an attorney for him.
Authorities first arrested Rodriguez Aug. 17 on accusations he tried to stab people in a Truckee subdivision. He appeared Aug. 21 in court, where he was accused of threatening a Truckee judge.
Rodriguez appeared days later at the Nevada City courthouse, where he made shooting gestures toward another judge.
Assistant District Attorney Chris Walsh said in an email that his office hasn't received a report about the latest incident. He couldn't yet say whether he'll file charges in that case.
To contact Staff Writer Alan Riquelmy, email email@example.com or call 530-477-4239.
Trending In: Local News
- All Thai’d up: After a year of preparation, Chandara Thai opens in Grass Valley
- North San Juan resident arrested in Nebraska pot bust takes plea
- Renovation of Nevada City’s National Hotel on pace for December reopening
- Grass Valley police: Man on parole caught after fleeing officers
- Nevada County Fair board ousts CEO Rea Callender