Nevada County Cal Fire crews headed to Carr Fire
July 24, 2018
Nevada County firefighters are headed to Shasta County to help fight the Carr Fire, which burned 3,126 acres and was 15 percent contained as of Tuesday morning.
Firefighters from Nevada and Yuba counties manning engines 2354, 2356, 2364, 2352, and 2374 were called in just after noon, to form a strike team and provide immediate assistance on the Carr Fire burning off of Highway 299 near Whiskeytown. Engines from the Nevada City and Nevada County Consolidated, Higgins, Ophir Hill and Peardale-Chicago Park fire districts have also responded.
The fire was first reported at 1:16 p.m. Monday. The cause of the fire was determined to be a mechanical failure of a vehicle.
Portions of Highway 299 have been closed and evacuation orders are in effect for French Gulch and other nearby communities.
— Elias Funez
Trending In: Local News
- All Thai’d up: After a year of preparation, Chandara Thai opens in Grass Valley
- North San Juan resident arrested in Nebraska pot bust takes plea
- Nevada County Fair board ousts CEO Rea Callender
- Grass Valley police: Man on parole caught after fleeing officers
- PG&E crews set up camp in Nevada County to eliminate wildfire threats