Nevada County Fairgrounds, Grass Valley Elks team up for canned food drive
November 19, 2017
The Nevada County Fairgrounds and the Grass Valley Elks are teaming up at the Country Christmas Faire for a canned food drive to help feed those in need in Nevada County.
Bring a can of food (or two, or three) to the Country Christmas Faire on Nov. 26, and you'll receive a coupon for $1 off general admission to the Christmas Faire on that day. Volunteers from Grass Valley Elks will collect the cans at the food collection bins at the Fairgrounds from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Gates 1, 3 and 5, which is also where you'll receive your coupon. One coupon per person. All food collected by the Elks will be distributed in their Christmas baskets in December.
The Country Christmas Faire is happening Thanksgiving weekend, Nov. 24-26 at the Nevada County Fairgrounds. Hours are 10 a.m. t0 5 p.m. on Friday and Saturday, and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Sunday. Cost is $5, and free to children 12 and under. Parking is free.
For more information about the Country Christmas Faire, visit NevadaCountyFair.com or call (530) 273-6217.
Source: Nevada County Fairgrounds
Trending In: Local News
- Renovation of Nevada City’s National Hotel on pace for December reopening
- Contractor error delays new playground in Grass Valley
- Grass Valley police: Man on parole caught after fleeing officers
- Rough and Ready caregiver arrested in suspected financial elder abuse
- Attorneys in vehicular manslaughter case now have toxicology, vehicle info