Nevada County Deputy Sheriff’s Association endorses Cliff Newell for District Attorney
May 13, 2018
Deputy Sheriff's Association endorses Newell
The Nevada County Deputy Sheriff's Association endorses incumbent Cliff Newell for the office of the District Attorney for Nevada County, the group said in a release.
"The men and women of the Deputy Sheriff's Association have developed a good working relationship with Cliff and his deputy district attorneys throughout the years Cliff has been in office, and we look forward to continuing that relationship of support, trust, partnership, and open communication," the release stated.
"These relationships are imperative for public safety and the efficient prosecution of criminals in our county, and we believe the Nevada County criminal justice system will be best served with Cliff Newell holding the office of the District Attorney for another term."
The vote was passed unanimously by the quorum of the membership present.
Source: The Nevada County Deputy Sheriff's Association
Trending In: Local News
- A helping hand: Where and how to donate to Camp Fire victims
- Alleged serial groper arrested in Grass Valley
- Grass Valley shooting incident a hoax, cops say
- Nevada County supervisors restrict ‘nuisance’ shooting on private property
- Nevada County releases latest election results: Moon, Bierwagen maintain leads