Nevada County authorities identify victim of fatal wreck
April 2, 2018
Nevada County authorities have identified the 60-year-old Alleghany man who died March 23 in a Highway 49 wreck as Leslie Donald Baker Jr.
Authorities have said that Baker was in a Jeep Wrangler on Highway 49, near Rush Creek Way, when a 2012 Dodge Ram hauling a trailer crossed into his lane of traffic and collided into him. The Jeep then traveled down an embankment. Baker, who appeared to be unrestrained in the Jeep, was pronounced dead at the scene.
The Dodge's driver was taken to a Roseville hospital with major injuries. The driver of a third vehicle in the area at the time of the crash had minor injuries and declined treatment, the California Highway Patrol has said.
The investigation is ongoing, CHP said.
To contact Staff Writer Alan Riquelmy, email email@example.com or call 530-477-4239.
Trending In: Local News
- Gray wolf OR-54’s return to Nevada County part of ‘dispersal’ activity
- SCHOOL CLOSURES: Western Nevada County schools closed today
- Rona Cook & Carissa Cook Stroh: We would like to humbly thank you all for supporting Friar Tuck’s
- More snow possible down to 1,000 feet for Nevada County
- Governor talks wildfire preparedness, rural broadband in Grass Valley