Nevada County authorities allege vandalism at Washington Hotel
April 23, 2018
A Lincoln woman accused of causing $800 in damage to a door at the Washington Hotel remained Monday afternoon in the Nevada County Jail on a felony vandalism charge, authorities said.
Christina Rachelle Aguiar-Havens, 23, also faces a misdemeanor charge of being under the influence of a controlled substance. Arrested early Sunday, she remained held under $12,500 in bond, jail records state.
Deputies responded around 3:20 a.m. Sunday to reports of an altercation at the Washington Hotel, in the Washington community. They arrived and approached Aguiar-Havens' room, sheriff's Lt. Sam Brown said.
"They could hear yelling from the room," Brown added.
At some point deputies apprehended Aguiar-Havens. Damage to the door was estimated at $800, the lieutenant said.
Trending In: Local News
- SCHOOL CLOSURES: Western Nevada County schools closed today
- Gray wolf OR-54’s return to Nevada County part of ‘dispersal’ activity
- Governor talks wildfire preparedness, rural broadband in Grass Valley
- Nevada County authorities ID fatal stabbing victim
- Rona Cook & Carissa Cook Stroh: We would like to humbly thank you all for supporting Friar Tuck’s