Nettles’ hearing postponed | TheUnion.com
YOUR AD HERE »

Nettles’ hearing postponed

A judge delayed ruling Friday on a charge that a man hit a young woman at a birthday party last year.

Buck E. Nettles Sr., 50, of Camptonville, is accused of swinging a baseball bat and a bar stool at several teenagers in North San Juan on the night of Aug. 27.

Nevada County Superior Court Judge John Darlington said he had not finished his ruling on whether to dismiss one charge that Nettles hit then 19-year-old Talia Ciaffino. He reset his ruling for 1:30 p.m. April 3.



Nettles’s lawyer, Monica Lynch, had filed a motion calling for the charge to be dismissed for lack of evidence, after another judge had dismissed it earlier. The district attorney’s office then refiled the charge.

“There was plenty of evidence” to support the charge, Deputy District Attorney Charles O’Rourke said outside the courtroom Friday.


Support Local Journalism


Support Local Journalism

Readers around Grass Valley and Nevada County make The Union’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.

Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.

Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.

 

Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.

User Legend: iconModerator iconTrusted User